Ima Freeman

Writing here is coming from monkey mind

7 posts in this topic

I have the intuition, that there is no distinction between what is called monkey mind and writing here, talking to others, contemplation and the phenomenon of language in general.

The only factor that seems to seperate the above terms is the level of consciousness.

THE mind is generating sentences, some hardly noticeable others very intense.

So called monkey mind is very unconscious, whereas the ideas written here penetrate deeper into consciousness.

First monkey mind or THE mind generates words than these words penetrate into awareness and finally they are typed here as a post, black on white.
And that counts for every sentence on this forum.

Edited by Ima Freeman

but the word is god

I kinda feel like the internet is satan and using it at all is a waste of time and against gods plan. It takes the awareness from reality and we stop going and moving around with the world and interacting.

Like to your cat your just staring at a wall while on the computer or staring into a window that has weird colours. You arent actually interacting with people as your mind thinks you are. You just stare at the wall for hours while losing your awareness and attention in the process by being bombarded with stuff

Edited by Hojo

Word is just a pointer made of veiled god toward unveiled god.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God,

The only unveiled pointer is silence.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

4 hours ago, Moksha said:

Word is just a pointer made of veiled god toward unveiled god.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God,

The only unveiled pointer is silence.

Do you not think that words that you use toward God not effect it. I thought that was the purpose of mantra

thought is ego bossing me, word is me bossing ego

thought is energy coming at me to entrench my wellbeing my satisfaction my survival

word is me reprograming thought to enhance my thriving and my arriving

thought is division, word is multiplication

thought despises, word empathises

thought is worthless, word is priceless

thought keeps me asleep, words wake me up

so writing anywhere can be useful

Edited by gettoefl

language, or writing here, is all part of a community which is just a larger intellect, that thinks one post, one reply at a time. And Intellect is influenced by your ego, memory, outside stimulus. There's definitely a pattern to how it processes the stimulus it gets, and what stimulus it chooses to get. There's almost no chance you would think of an apple when someone tells you that your family was met in a car accident. There's no definite output to the input, but their are definitely possible outputs with certain chances. Those chances are determined mostly by your ego/personality. The mind isn't a random thought generator like the current concept of monkey mind implies. The concept of Monkey Mind actually implies an uncontrollable intellect, not a random one. Writing is the individual intellect's thinking symbolized. Now this intellect could be controlled or uncontrolled in what it thinks, doesn't matter, writing would still be possible. So writing here could be coming from a monkey mind or not be coming from it.

Moreover, thoughts themselves, I am pretty sure are emerging out of nothing in the field of your intellect. Imagine the first organism emerging by pure chance. The chance of it emerging as what it was, was determined by the laws of interaction present in that field. Those laws in the field that is your intellect, is governed by your Ego/Personality. Since all of writing, contemplation and stuff mostly occurs from the intellect you could call it similar but I don't think you should say they have no distinction. You could the culture of all of language, contemplation, writing and such a big giant intellect though.

On 5/15/2023 at 10:31 PM, Hojo said:

Do you not think that words that you use toward God not effect it. I thought that was the purpose of mantra

Who is using words toward God, and who is being affected?

Mantra is the spoken inward path of the absolute toward its unveiled self. Deeper into the journey, it is supplanted by meditation, which is the mental inward path. After passing through the gate, meditation is supplanted by direct realization, which is the abiding seamless state.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.