StarStruck

Mastery > Life Purpose

18 posts in this topic

I wish somebody told me this so here we go:

Just go and find a lot of new hobbies and practice mastery through these practices 

1. Get into alpha brainwave: you learn optimally when you are in this brain wave. There are special meditations to get in this space 
  2. deliberate practice and working with a system. You have to find a structure for optimal learning. Throwing 10k hours against a skill is stupid. Just focus on and hammer on core skills to cut the learning curve. 
  3. Read all books on mastery.  Fuck LP. Learn mastery first. LP will find you!!!
  4. you learn through playing. Learning = playing. If you aren’t feeling that child like play you are doing something wrong. 
  5. contemplate. Don’t contemplate endlessly in your vacuum. Find a buddy to mentally spar with and spar with AI
  6. Perfection is an enemy. If you are too perfectionist if you won’t be able to keep up. Finding a rhythm is much more important. It is the heart beat of learning. 
Edited by StarStruck

In other words, follow the advice that Cal Newport gives in his book. “Following your passion is bad advice … focus on being so good that others cannot ignore you.”

It is difficult, though, to master something you are not passionate about. Imagine spending 10,000 hours cleaning toilets. You will master the art of cleaning toilets, but it won’t add anything more.

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

@r0ckyreed well perhaps you will appreciate the different shit stains and you could write PhD about it. 

All kidding aside. If you get good at something, you will be good at other things. 

Once you mastered mastery you can apply mastery on other fields. That is what you didn’t get from my post. 

Mastering mastery is both an art and a science. 

My father played guitar and piano for over a decade because his parents got him into it but once they stopped pressuring him he pretty much never played again

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

2 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Once you mastered mastery you can apply mastery on other fields. That is what you didn’t get from my post. 

Yes. But what you didn’t get is that mastery requires passion. Desire and discipline go together.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

4 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

Yes. But what you didn’t get is that mastery requires passion. Desire and discipline go together.

Not at all

18 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Not at all

Sounds like you have never experienced major depression, which is good. However, it seems like you are putting trailer in front of the car. That's the problem with following the philosophy of Andrew Tate. Besides the misogyny, he makes you think that depression is not real and that passion is not required for mastery. Passion is a necessity and not a luxury. You are run by passions and not by reasoning as you may think. A depressed person is not going to master things in their current state. Mastery is a relationship to life and the activity you are engaging in. Don't be fooled into thinking that if you change everything on the outside, then the inside will change too. So many people have become experts at their art and still been depressed and have killed themselves. I would not even call them ''masters'' because they failed in their mastery because mastery is much of a more psychological process than it is a physical one. But you haven't quite answered the question of how can you master something without passion/purpose?  Purpose is primary and mastery is secondary. You gotta build a strong foundation before you can build the roof. You got it backwards, mastery is the outcome of a strong commitment to your passions. Passion isn't the roof, it is the foundation. Despite what Andrew Tate says, everything he does is emotional and led by desire.

Edited by r0ckyreed

10 hours ago, StarStruck said:

@r0ckyreed  If you get good at something, you will be good at other things. 

Not necessarily.

You may whine and bitch about the time and effort to become a master at another field once you mastered one field.

Of course, if you are a master at your mindset, then that's a different scenario.

5 hours ago, hyruga said:

Of course, if you are a master at your mindset, then that's a different scenario.

That’s exactly what I’m arguing. He is confusing expertise with mastery. An expert is knowledgeable and good at their field. But a master is that plus mastery of mindset. 

A master fundamentally has a different mindset than that of a newbie. If your mind is not changing in the process, then you aren’t really mastering anything. To get good at something requires a change in yourself.

Edited by r0ckyreed

For someone who advocates using Chat GPT for contemplation, you failed to use it for this thread. And I am not sure why. It is important to think for yourself, but don’t confuse that with swimming in your biases and BS. Thinking for yourself is more nuanced than that and requires a genuine curiosity for truth.

Here is what Chat GPT said, which is basically my whole point all along:

Q: Can you master something without passion?

“It is possible to become highly skilled or knowledgeable in a particular area without necessarily feeling passionate about it. However, whether or not you can truly "master" something without passion is a more complex question.

True mastery of a skill or subject often requires not only a deep understanding of its technical aspects, but also a level of creativity, innovation, and dedication that can be difficult to sustain without a genuine interest and passion for the subject. Without passion, it can be challenging to maintain the motivation and focus necessary to push past the inevitable obstacles and setbacks that arise during the learning process.

Additionally, passion can help drive the pursuit of excellence and the desire to continually improve and refine one's skills. Without this drive, it may be difficult to achieve the highest level of mastery in a given field.

That being said, there are certainly examples of individuals who have achieved a high level of proficiency or expertise in a particular area despite lacking a strong passion for it. In these cases, it may be that other factors, such as a sense of duty, financial necessity, or a desire for recognition or status, have motivated the individual to continue developing their skills. However, it is important to note that these cases may be the exception rather than the rule, and that sustained success and fulfillment in a given field often depend on a genuine interest and passion for the work.”

There you go. Case closed. :) 

Edited by r0ckyreed

I do want to say that if the OP came up with those lists on their own, then I am impressed with that. I agree with those lists. Just not idea that excellence is more important than purpose/passion. That’s like saying success is more important than happiness, which is a bit misguided because being successful at something doesn’t guarantee happiness. And what we really want in life is to feel fulfilled and happy with our lives. Why would we pursue success if it doesn’t fulfill us and satisfy our desires? No amount of success will. That is the illusion of success. The hedonic treadmill never ends till you step off of it.

"Just focus on and hammer on core skills to cut the learning curve". What exactly do you mean by that?

@r0ckyreed

36F40DDA-9F5B-4038-960B-BD7D2F1434B0.jpeg

..... That is not how you use ChatGPT, dude

10 minutes ago, Spiritedness said:

"Just focus on and hammer on core skills to cut the learning curve". What exactly do you mean by that?

Just focus on critical skills instead of focusing on niece skills. Every skill has some fundamentals. A lot of people feel to good to focus on these fundamental/critical skills because they feel too good to focus on the basics.

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

That is not how you use ChatGPT, dude

Sounds like if Chat GPT doesn’t give you the answers you like, then the question must be wrong. Ok. Lol. I’m dead. ??

12 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

Sounds like if Chat GPT doesn’t give you the answers you like, then the question must be wrong. Ok. Lol. I’m dead. ??

ChatGPT is just a tool, dude. You are attaching way too much value to one tool while there are so many tools, like your own brain. I advice you to use it.

5 hours ago, StarStruck said:

ChatGPT is just a tool, dude. You are attaching way too much value to one tool while there are so many tools, like your own brain. I advice you to use it.

You are contradicting yourself. Your past post was all glamorization for using chat GPT to contemplate, while I was the one who advocated for using your own brain in that post. You are switching up your positions and aren’t being consistent. 

Anyways, have a good one. I’m out. ?✌️

10 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

You are contradicting yourself. Your past post was all glamorization for using chat GPT to contemplate, while I was the one who advocated for using your own brain in that post. You are switching up your positions and aren’t being consistent. 

Anyways, have a good one. I’m out. ?✌️

Not at all. It is your own projection. It is preposterous how you are using ChatGPT. You should be ashamed of yourself. ChatGPT can't do thinking for you, dude. It also can't whipe your ass, yet. ?

10 hours ago, RebornConsciousness said:

Life purpose is not about how you feel in the moment, or some petty short term emotions. Your short term emotions and needs lie to you all the time. But true passion is about how you'd feel about doing the activity long term, and if you would do that activity with no monetary reward, no praise, or in other words, no reciprication from the external reality whatsoever. And sure, it is not something you can discover just by mentally masturbating over it without taking any action and without having any experience. But it is a legit thing, and it's worth discovering first, before trying to master anything.

Discipline and willpower is something you use to power throught those stupid short term emotions and animalistic impulses, but passion is supposed to be something higher. You can't make up for that just by sheer discipline and willpower and focus. You need all 3 of those things, AND sonething you are trully passionate about, or you at least think you might be passionate about.

Mostly agree, but I think LP finds you as you experiment with wide range of things in the pursuit of mastery. Rarely it is the other way around where you first find your LP and then you try to master it.

For example Leo found his LP that way. Through experimentation and through pursuit of mastery, his LP fell on his lap through trail and error. He was first into programming (field of mastery), then self-help (mastering mastery), and then spirituality (mastery of the spirit).

11 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Not at all. It is your own projection. It is preposterous how you are using ChatGPT. You should be ashamed of yourself. ChatGPT can't do thinking for you, dude. It also can't whipe your ass, yet. ?

“I’m surprised it is not talked about it on this forum. Talking to AI is like talking a super scientist or artist.” - Starstruck

I notice that you say I am using chat GPT wrong, but you never once demonstrated that you know how to use it right. It’s all talk and no evidence. You never provide any logic or evidence against how I use chat GPT. Nor do you have any idea how I use it. If anything, what you are doing is a projection. All my claims were derived by your “super scientist.” Chat GPT is smarter than you and I combined. Deal with it.

Edited by r0ckyreed