funkychunkymonkey

new to original thought

8 posts in this topic

today was my first time trying this, very difficult it seems that im stuck in what ive heard other people say, yeah it way easier! what are your guys techniques for developing original thought? if there even is any, I found it kinda comes sporadically and I find it funny how when i try to observe thoughts i enter a state of no mind LOL!

update- im working ona  video i wanted to call the traps and dangers of social media, and as im thinking im wowing myself im crying as i catch flow with this, i wish i joined you guys and contemplation sooner, man i was missing out!

Unique source material and unique experience of life overall

Edited by MarkKol

a lot of time looking into your mind with an open... mind, just seeing what's hidden in there is good. A lot of time daydreaming and pondering is good.  Oh ya and get good at not knowing, by knowing that you don't know. Accept the infinite nature of life, be open to anything existing.

Edited by Mulky

Originality is almost always painful, and unintuitively only possible through the methods that are accessible to us all, reason, you may want to be original for originals sake but it may be best to concern yourself with an actual object of interest itself as an end in itself instead of it being a means for how original your may appear, which seemed to me to be your goal.

Original conclusions to big questions have not been found during study sessions in my case, i think the same is true for most, for me it happens spontaneously when I have been sitting a whole week with nothing but my own thoughts, they will occur more often in the morning and then I can spend 4/6 hours either recapturing what I thought or reasoning by means of those thoughts conclusions that are implied by them, I am at a point where I cant really communicate meaningfully with anyone I know, originality costs in that sense probably more for me than it has to do for you.

I don't know if this helped, many idealise originality, and the reasons are plenty, so what are your reasons if you know of any?

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

Start with an empty sheet.

Having multiple enlightenments helps in this topic as consciousness allows you to look at things as if from "nothing", freed from the prevailing assumptions that often lock or limit perceptive-awareness and thinking.

If you run out of techniques for generating original thinking, create one yourself! Practice this.

Create a musical genre. Reinvent a basic tool from scratch -- a hat, a shoe, socks. Study the genesis of powerful creations such as Chopin's music or psychology as a field. How come Kant's work revolutionized philosophy at the time? Contemplate: What allowed their authors to make those inventions? What place were they coming from? What state of being did they access such that they could create powerfully?

Master the field in which you're trying to invent something new. Use that expertise as a starting point, as a place on which to ground your creative efforts. Which are all of the known distinctions within that field? What are its parameters and assumptions? Throughout this process, when creating something new, it is necessary to set your knowledge aside. In that way, your mind becomes flexible, freed from established experience and knowledge. This step is required in order to create something new, no matter the field.

As any other skill, this one can also be practiced and developed.

Edited by UnbornTao