jonatech256

How to survive as a life student?

8 posts in this topic

Hello Family. Jonathan is my name. 

I know very many times Leo has encouraged that before you embark on the enlightenment journey you have to make sure your finances are stable. 

Currently, I am a victim of not following that advice. But I have been also thinking out loud. Can't someone use the same journey as a survival tool? Is there no possibility of consciously surviving using the journey itself?

That's possible. I call that the Hippie Way.

Plenty of spiritual people are broke. It's a matter of temperament. Some people are okay with being broke.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I know the deeper you go the more you are comfortable with being broke. I have that subtle feeling as well. 

Waiting for more insights from you regarding that topic. #surviving as a life student. 

33 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's possible. I call that the Hippie Way.

Plenty of spiritual people are broke. It's a matter of temperament. Some people are okay with being broke.

@jonatech256 I see some pitfalls here:

Neurotic self-denial: repressing healthy material desire with "spiritual/puritan" thinking.

Being too cheap: Most simple enjoyable things in life cost money. Also, educational end genuine enriching things almost always require some investment.

Dating/relationships: Being or having a partner that is broke is very annoying and impractical.

But at the end of the day, it is about what kind of life and lifestyle you want to design for yourself. In my student years, I was basically couped up with my parents purely focusing on my studies and not much besides. Only after finishing, I went on to travel and allowed myself to relax and explore domains like psychedelics and dating. 

I would also add that after you are used to a certain standard of living it is a very painful process to downgrade. I cannot imagine the absolute hell of not living on my own or not being able to travel once in a while. 

On 4/26/2023 at 1:53 AM, jonatech256 said:

I know the deeper you go the more you are comfortable with being broke.

Personally I would not be happy living broke. That doesn't suit my temperament.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

They take some pride in living outside the norm. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

I was making tons of money in tech and quit to pursue God. Never been happier and I live well below the means I used to. But I'm not materialistic. I need very little to be comfortable and happy. A nice bed, quiet, nature, my books, healthy food, cool people, a good yoga school nearby and I'm good. I do see myself going back to pursuing money and a serious relationship once I get this current mission completed. But for now it's solo retreats and books, i look at it like the times when those Google founders lived in their basements eating only ramen noodles until they built the company. I'm doing that except with my consciousness and smoothie bowls :P

I probably could've made it work with my old job, but I feel fully aligned with my life right now and how I'm living. But only do this if you're not materialistic and have the discipline to not just sit around all day doing nothing. Can you fill a full day with spiritual work? Are you ready for that? 

Likely this is a phase for you, but maybe not, the more I do the more silly pursuing money and status and even these mainstream relationships seem. Like I've got God... I can just bask in that all day fuck a job 

Also find a good yogic school you can study with. Even if just as a container  Makes a huge difference imo