RedLine

Isn´t awareness just a thought?

24 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, RedLine said:

There is just reality happening but awareness implies there are one that is aware of something that, a duality

But it's true, don't you think?

Are you aware of the table or is the table aware of you? 

Are you aware of the body, or is the body aware of you?

Are you aware of your name, or is the name aware of you?

Are you aware of your thoughts and feelings or your thoughts and feelings are aware of you?

Ultimately if you continue like this you end up in a place where you are just a pure observer, primordial, without shape or form, without any quality, intangiable, incomprehensible, absolute, without beginning or end, pure void, pure infinity, the womb of existence.

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

23 hours ago, RedLine said:

Rupert Spira says  when you see an object in fron of you, you can realize you are aware of the object in front of you. But isn´t that "realization" a thought?

What is really happeing is direct experience of reality. There is just reality happening but awareness implies there are one that is aware of something that, a duality. All this awareness stuff seem like artificial ideas.  I don´t get the whole awareness frame. 

Awareness is not a thought or a realization. Awareness "sees" thoughts, realizations, etc.

3 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Careful. That would mean that I can say that drinking bleach is the same as drinking purified water.

For awareness there is no difference between drinking bleach and drinking purified water.

Like the sun is shining equally on both shit and flowers.

Or like your eyes don't care if they see cute cats or Russian soldiers, the "caring" part happens in the brain, not in the eyes.

2 hours ago, Salvijus said:

99% of the time when people say I, they are pointing to the ego. You can find the location of the ego by asking "who am I" and penetrating awareness real deep into the psyche. It's actually a tangable object

Shenanigans! Reality dreams physicality and awareness into Being. 

When you say “I”, all I see is Reality.

But, yes, it can also be a tangable object.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

5 hours ago, Salvijus said:

But it's true, don't you think?

Are you aware of the table or is the table aware of you? 

Are you aware of the body, or is the body aware of you?

Are you aware of your name, or is the name aware of you?

Are you aware of your thoughts and feelings or your thoughts and feelings are aware of you?

Ultimately if you continue like this you end up in a place where you are just a pure observer, primordial, without shape or form, without any quality, intangiable, incomprehensible, absolute, without beginning or end, pure void, pure infinity, the womb of existence.

If you have used the more serious psychedelic drugs, that is a phenomena which happens on the event horizon of a breakthrough trip. You can even be "broken through" with some senses, yet still have a reference point for other senses like vision or thought.

The reference point is where you think you are located in relation to whichever phenomena. Usually sights look to be in front of where we are, and the position of "where we are" seems to be a point at which there exists an observer of the phenomena.

In a normal breakthrough, there isn't any reference point but there can still be a sense of identity, so no center of experience but a sense of being a self (an observer, you, I) intertwined entirely with the phenomena. And of course with total ego death, the sense of I-ness doesn't appear anymore.