playdoh

Should I disidentify from my thoughts and feelings?

11 posts in this topic

I’m getting close to it. I have so much space. But is it safe? Should I do this? I remember reading a few times on this forum people saying not to do it. Yet again most people say that this is the only way to true happiness. Disidentifying from mind. Leo & others say that’s a true hallmark to being yellow. I’m so damn tired of the mind. It never stops wanting. It’s always suffering. I just want to disidentify from it & live in states of bliss. 

I do want to transcend it, I still want to have experiences, but I want to make the mind my humble servant. Whenever I have a negative emotion or thought I just come back to myself, the empty spaciousness inside. I don’t look into them to discover and integrate my shadow. The times I’ve tried to look into them it just stresses me out. 

Edited by playdoh

1 hour ago, Squeekytoy said:

Good luck!

Why?

10 hours ago, playdoh said:

I’m getting close to it. I have so much space. But is it safe? Should I do this? I remember reading a few times on this forum people saying not to do it. Yet again most people say that this is the only way to true happiness. Disidentifying from mind. Leo & others say that’s a true hallmark to being yellow. I’m so damn tired of the mind. It never stops wanting. It’s always suffering. I just want to disidentify from it & live in states of bliss. 

I do want to transcend it, I still want to have experiences, but I want to make the mind my humble servant. Whenever I have a negative emotion or thought I just come back to myself, the empty spaciousness inside. I don’t look into them to discover and integrate my shadow. The times I’ve tried to look into them it just stresses me out. 

sadhguru says if one jumps into an abyss one should have tremendous faith in something. If you dont integrate your shadow it will remain. the stress is there an will remain until dealt with either in this lifetime or next. it is part of your soul and these are impressions that last until looked at.

Edited by Hojo

Before concerning yourself with letting go of identity, first realize who you actually are. You won't be ready for it otherwise, and without the grounding of direct realization it could do more harm than good. You need to be anchored in the absolute.

Make sure the kite is intact and the grip on the string is sure, before releasing it into the wind.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

17 hours ago, playdoh said:

do want to transcend it, I still want to have experiences, but I want to make the mind my humble servant. Whenever I have a negative emotion or thought I just come back to myself, the empty spaciousness inside. I don’t look into them to discover and integrate my shadow. The times I’ve tried to look into them it just stresses me out. 

Those techniques and strategies never work. the only thing that works is the understanding of what you are, of what reality is. all that negativity is your vital desire focused in the wrong way. This is a labyrinth, it must be understood and clarified, the energy channels must flow freely towards the unlimited, not twist on themselves.

17 hours ago, playdoh said:

Disidentifying from mind. Leo & others say that’s a true hallmark to being yellow.

What, what O.o

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT

On 4/22/2023 at 5:19 AM, Squeekytoy said:

Good luck!

Thank you!

20 hours ago, Moksha said:

Before concerning yourself with letting go of identity, first realize who you actually are. You won't be ready for it otherwise, and without the grounding of direct realization it could do more harm than good. You need to be anchored in the absolute.

Make sure the kite is intact and the grip on the string is sure, before releasing it into the wind.

Thankss @Moksha!!

18 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Those techniques and strategies never work. the only thing that works is the understanding of what you are, of what reality is. all that negativity is your vital desire focused in the wrong way. This is a labyrinth, it must be understood and clarified, the energy channels must flow freely towards the unlimited, not twist on themselves.

This comes off as a projection to me. ?

@playdoh You got this ?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.