amanen

Suffering is non-designed

6 posts in this topic

Suffering is real, but nobody actually designed it into Direct Experience

Suffering is not an illusion

Aside from suffering there also was something called knot and needle, which also were not Self-Designed elements, these are no longer a part of Direct Experience

Suffering is not feelings you have, or your feelings, but it is probably still a part of your Direct Experience

You can't desire suffering so it is not Self-Designed, because nobody wants to suffer, but it can't be Other-designed because Other doesn't exist, and it is not Zero-designed because Zero is above Self

God did not design suffering

Understanding that suffering was not a choice and nobody can affect anything is crucial to get it out of Direct Experience

non-designed elements are not good

Direct Experience is shared for everybody

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

Suffering is part of the design of duality. It’s part of the perfect design, the perfect design that allows you to live a life in duality. Extreme suffering is just the opposite of extreme ecstasy. Up down, left right, out there in here, good bad, you name it, including suffering and non suffering. It’s designed, and the design is perfect

There can't be anything that wasn't designed, otherwise it wouldn't exist

On 4/19/2023 at 3:38 PM, Holykael said:

There can't be anything that wasn't designed, otherwise it wouldn't exist

True, but it really doesn't feel like suffering so its not really suffering

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

People put themselves through suffering every day. Even knowing the result will be suffering. I envy your experience of the opposite. I grew up in a house of addiction and abuse. My brother takes opiates still (at middle age), well aware of the decades of suffering he has inflicted on himself as an example.

We choose certain things that we know lead to suffering. Suffering itself can be addictive. Forming a heavy sense of self-identity. Also the pain of the trauma can be used to define a life, career, purpose, or at best raise consciousness.

I am an abuse victim. This is an identity I sometimes step into to help relate to others suffering abuse, indulge an emotional state, or protect the abused part of myself. I can drop this into a conversation to remind myself of it and experience a small part of that trauma relived in conversation. Music. Film. Relationships or when advising others.

I can go watch a particularly moving film that echos the suffering I experienced, feel it in the pit of my stomach. A very easy example is Good Will Hunting if you've ever seen it, its light and easy to watch. It contains a therapist and an abuse victim. Double the addiction or catharsis is watching a person reacting to the trauma, as is common currently on youtube, and feeling a small part of my own conscious experience brought to light in their own emotional reflection. Which is quite beautiful :)

I've let much of this go over time, but I intentionally keep some of it. I intentionally hold on to the part of me that suffers as I feel incredibly protective over it. I formed the protective masculine identity that wasn't there in my childhood, inside myself.

We can design our own suffering, even if the initial trauma was completely out of our control.

*I'll drop this here. If any abuse victim wants to know what method I used for healing. Well life and getting honest with myself number one. As well as the completion process teal swans book. It was very good.

Edited by BlueOak

What is your definition of suffering? 

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT