koops

Spiritual practices. Share your Tier-List.

41 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

You could keep you desires in some extent and go very deep. It is not a matter of abandoning your desires but of understanding what they are and what is their place. to go very deep you need desire to go very deep

The understanding that has to happen at the deepest level is that desires are inherently transient, and identification with them leads to blindness and suffering. Direct realization dissolves identification with desires. You are not your desires. You are beyond them, but to see this requires surrendering the attachment to desires, and the absolute directly realizing itself.

You can still enjoy the cosmos without identifying with its forms. You directly resonate with its essence because it is who you actually are.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

7 hours ago, Moksha said:

The understanding that has to happen at the deepest level is that desires are inherently transient, and identification with them leads to blindness and suffering. Direct realization dissolves identification with desires. You are not your desires. You are beyond them, but to see this requires surrendering the attachment to desires, and the absolute directly realizing itself.

You can still enjoy the cosmos without identifying with its forms. You directly resonate with its essence because it is who you actually are.

Without your desires you are dead. It's something important to understand

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

Without your desires you are dead. It's something important to understand

Desires and fears are minimally necessary to survive within the dream, far less than most people realize. Instead of chaining yourself, you can hold the thin string of the kite and allow it to fly.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

3 hours ago, Moksha said:

Desires and fears are minimally necessary to survive within the dream, far less than most people realize. Instead of chaining yourself, you can hold the thin string of the kite and allow it to fly.

You equate two different things. thats why understanding is essential. attachment and fear has to be a tendency to zero, desire has to be a tendency to infinity. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

26 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

@Breakingthewall Desire and fear are two sides of the same attachment coin. They're not really different, we just call them different.

Reality is desire. Without desire, there is nothing

20 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

That should tell you something...

20 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

What?

1 hour ago, Squeekytoy said:

That it is attached to dreaming...

That it is attached to dreaming...

What is dreaming according you? God is infinite desire, if you prefer. Desire is not ego, fear yes. They are not the same. 

14 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

@Breakingthewall are you sure there isn't really only one thing by 10000 names...

Yeah, everything is reality but we make a differenciation according to understand in our conceptual minds what is limitation and what is freedom. You could say that limitations are reality too, but doing that, where is the point to talk about anything?

7 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

To get to the truth of the matter instead of spinning our wheels in falsehoods. 

Everything is the truth, only the truth exist ?. the only thing we do is try to have a deeper, more beautiful, more pleasant existence, without the terror of death. For this we must understand the limitations that prevent us from being more conscious. but in the end it's all a matter of desire and preference

12 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

You equate two different things. thats why understanding is essential. attachment and fear has to be a tendency to zero, desire has to be a tendency to infinity. 

Desires and fears are always attachments. This includes the desire to be free and the fear of not being loved. The deeper you realize the absolute, the more tenuous even these desires become.

4 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Reality is desire. Without desire, there is nothing

That is not simply not true. 

From my state of consciousness. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

6 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Desires and fears are always attachments. This includes the desire to be free and the fear of not being loved. The deeper you realize the absolute, the more tenuous even these desires become.

That's how you see it, I see it the other way around. the higher your consciousness, the less fear and attachment and the more strong desire, since you are desire. Wish=love

2 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

That's how you see it, I see it the other way around. the higher your consciousness, the less fear and attachment and the more strong desire, since you are desire. Wish=love

What do you mean by desire? And wish=love?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

2 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Imprisonment = Form identification and gratification

Freedom = Form dissolution and love

I suppose you could call love selfless desire, or the unconditional expression of the absolute, but that isn't what most people mean by desire.

@Moksha @Yimpa 

I call desire the act of love of the infinite with itself that results in you. and the desire that I have for more depth, more love, more truth and more life is exactly that same desire. 

and that is the same desire of a miser for money, of a drug addict for drugs, of a dictator for power, only oriented in, let's say, the wrong way. wrong because it imprisons him instead of freeing him, because it has the opposite effect of what he is looking for, that is love. 

then, the problem is not the desire, but the stupidity of focusing it in such a way that you get the opposite of what you want. You have to understand who you are, what you want, and how to get it

@Breakingthewall You are looking for love, without realizing that you are already depthless love.

Every desire, even the desire for love, is a misidentification with the cosmos. Desires and fears comprise the meteor field of the mind. The absolute creates this field to imagine moving through relative reality, but it is not actual.

Freedom is when the absolute realizes itself directly by letting go of desires and fears, so only its true essence remains to be clearly seen.

1 minute ago, Moksha said:

@Breakingthewall You are looking for love, without realizing that you are already depthless love.

Every desire, even the desire for love, is a misidentification with the cosmos. Desires and fears comprise the meteor field of the mind. The absolute creates this field to imagine moving through relative reality, but it is not actual.

Freedom is when the absolute realizes itself directly by letting go of desires and fears, so only its true essence remains to be clearly seen.

It's you who don't realize that there is not outside of you to look for love. Everything is you trying to deepen in the love. That experience where you make a differenciation between inside and outside is god. Every desire is god trying to deepen in the love that existence is. A raper is god trying to deepen in the love. Everything is that. 

@Breakingthewall If there is no outside of you to look for love, why are you still looking? Desire is seeing a difference where there is none.

Nobody here is AWAKE.

8 hours ago, Moksha said:

@Breakingthewall If there is no outside of you to look for love, why are you still looking? Desire is seeing a difference where there is none.

I mean, there is not outside of you. You are the reality. You don't see this? Everything is you. turning to "inside" is fine until you realize that inside and outside are the same. the understanding to which I refer is this, to understand what reality is. you are reality . understand yourself, to love you more deeply. 

You will always be looking for more love, because that is what reality does, it dances with itself in a dance of joy and love, which goes deepening without end, since there is no end. You can easily see this with psychedelics, since they destructure the apparent reality and only the essence of what is remains, and it is easily perceived. after you realize that sober reality is exactly the same