Vlad_

Questions about Witchcraft

8 posts in this topic

Guys, have you ever practiced witchcraft? How was your experience? What kind of a book would you recommend to read for a complete beginner?

If you have 0 experience please do not bother to respond, thank you! 

5 hours ago, Vlad_ said:

have you ever practiced witchcraft?

Yes.

5 hours ago, Vlad_ said:

How was your experience?

The experience is always informative or ‘eye-opening’ as one might put it.

5 hours ago, Vlad_ said:

What kind of a book would you recommend to read for a complete beginner?

There is no book that I would recommend because I wasn't initiated into the art through external mediums. I could recommend a practice that can initiate you into the art if you want.

@Vlad_ the thing about witchcraft, as I've come to learn, is that it's widely misunderstood. Such a vast realm of science and engineering is readily narrowed down into one flimsy misconception like “black magic” and “white magic”. Yes there are practices, but there's also a great deal of engineering involved. Hence it is a witch's craft.

53 minutes ago, A Fellow Lighter said:

the thing about witchcraft, as I've come to learn, is that it's widely misunderstood. Such a vast realm of science and engineering is readily narrowed down into one flimsy misconception like “black magic” and “white magic”. Yes there are practices, but there's also a great deal of engineering involved. Hence it is a witch's craft.

What other myths about witchcrafting do you wish were debunked?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

20 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

What other myths about witchcrafting do you wish were debunked?

Well there's also the common misconception of the Wiccan religion (and other heathen religions) being confused for the art. Witchcraft has absolutely nothing to do with any form of worship and code of ethics. That's a cultural/religious feature which any one, including a witch, is free to adopt.

But perhaps the most biggest misconception of all is that the craft maketh the witch rather than it being a product of the witch. A person can be born a witch, do the things which any renowned witch can do, but on a subconscious level – meaning s/he is yet to realise exactly how s/he is doing it. 

I have a few more quite ignorant misconceptions which I find to be rather premature: People purchasing magical instruments and assuming that using them now makes them witches, for instance. No, the person who crafted that device for you is the real witch, and you are just using it – it's wielder.

There's just an entire array of minor to major misconceptions. Some of them beginning to fade, like the witch being a woman‽ 

9 hours ago, Vlad_ said:

Guys, have you ever practiced witchcraft? How was your experience? What kind of a book would you recommend to read for a complete beginner?

If you have 0 experience please do not bother to respond, thank you! 

Read advanced magick for beginners by Alan Chapman and start practicing right away.

I have literally thousands of experiences with witchcraft and I consider this to be one of the best starting points. Another great thing would be to combine it with a fire kasina retreat.

And the most accurate movie is "The Craft" (the old version). Yeah, some parts are exaggerated but not by much.

Screenshot_20230417-113626.png

Edited by Michal__

11 hours ago, A Fellow Lighter said:

I could recommend a practice that can initiate you into the art if you want.

Yes please! 

8 hours ago, Michal__ said:

Read advanced magick for beginners by Alan Chapman and start practicing right away.

I have literally thousands of experiences with witchcraft and I consider this to be one of the best starting points. Another great thing would be to combine it with a fire kasina retreat.

And the most accurate movie is "The Craft" (the old version). Yeah, some parts are exaggerated but not by much.

Screenshot_20230417-113626.png

Thanks!!!

@Vlad_ I hope you're an outdoor person, you'll have to spend some time with nature.

This practice is meant to get you in tune with your magical personality, and involves two of the four elements: fire and air. The setting is outside, in a forest if possible. It is done either early in the morning, or later in the evening.

Create a small fire, encircling it with rocks. Have a good amount of extra wood because this is practically a wood-burning exercise. The fire is small for two reasons: so that you frequently need to feed it in order to keep it alive; and so that it's heat doesn't engulf you completely – you're aren't doing this for warmth.

So you'll be sitting right by the fire all the way through. As you feed the flames, to keep them alive, you'll do this while paying attention to your breath. There's definitely breath-work involved. 

Now, another part is, perhaps the most important part, that you must do this practice without a full stomach. Not to say you should starve yourself before this, however, you must have some appetite during your time with the fire. This practice is done either early in the morning or late in the evening. So before breakfast or supper. 

You'll do this fire-meditation for at least thirty minutes, and within a period of seven days you'll notice a significant change in your awareness as you begin to be in tune with your magical personality.