r0ckyreed

This Forum Is Becoming Less Curious

47 posts in this topic

The more I listen to others, the less original insights I have. I must take more time to listen to my own intuition and thoughts. The way I am using Books, YouTube, podcasts, and Actualized.org is a distraction from my own inner voice.

I am gonna take a break from all media consumption to grow the curiosity within me towards developing original thinking.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

@r0ckyreed

I agree with a lot that you said. Though I haven’t been here long and I don’t spend a lot of time here so I can’t say how it used to be.

For me personally, I had a period some years ago when I first started going into this whole spirituality thing where you start to learn all these concepts and it’s exciting so I would talk to others about it a lot and even start lecturing them about it. I realize now how obnoxious and presumptuous that was, and then when it started becoming more than just concepts from meditating a lot and doing psychedelics I realized how little I actually knew and how freeing it was not trying to appear as I knew.

The nice thing with not claiming things I don’t know, if I don’t actually know, is that I don’t really have anything to defend. So I can ask the questions I really wanna ask without worrying if it makes me look dumb or un-enlightened. I rather look dumb and nudge towards real understanding than being a know-it-all while not really understanding anything.

Insights should only lead to ever more grander planes of exploration. Anything else is a manifestation of ego.

1 hour ago, Mikesinfinity said:

The nice thing with not claiming things I don’t know, if I don’t actually know, is that I don’t really have anything to defend.

What about your human knowledge?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

1 hour ago, A Fellow Lighter said:

Insights should only lead to ever more grander planes of exploration. Anything else is a manifestation of ego.

You needing insights to only lead to ever grander planes of exploration seems pretty egoic to me.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

16 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

What about your human knowledge?

Of course I have built up a lot of knowledge in my life so far. If I didn’t I’d probably have trouble wiping my own ass. But this forum is about awakening and not ass wiping, as far as I can tell lol

16 hours ago, Mikesinfinity said:

Of course I have built up a lot of knowledge in my life so far. If I didn’t I’d probably have trouble wiping my own ass. But this forum is about awakening and not ass wiping, as far as I can tell lol

You’re right. This forum is about Awakening. 

At higher states of consciousness you will be able to do shit so perfectly, without ever remembering how you learned how to do it in the first place.