Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KobywithaY

Unknown & Weird Symptoms

10 posts in this topic

I have been struggling with bad fatigue, depression, anxiety, Suicidal thoughts unmotivation, headaches, low libido & irritability. I'm 19 and all these symptoms have all showed up in about the last 3 years and keep getting worse. I have no medical history, live a healthy lifestyle (sleep, exercise, etc) & I eat a clean keto/carnivore diet (which has helped tremendously). I have gone to naturopathic doctors and western doctors but they haven't really worked. I got bloodwork done and the doctor said it looked good for whatever that's worth (even though my cholesterol was high LOL). I'd be grateful if anyone has some advice or wisdom from going through something like this. I know I'll figure it all out in the end but I just got to keep moving forwards. Thank you!

Hey, thanks for sharing your story. 

Could you share more details about what your diet looks like? What do you eat for breakfast, lunch dinner? 

What do you eat and what sort of foods do you avoid? 

29 minutes ago, KobywithaY said:

(even though my cholesterol was high LOL).

you shouldn't have a high cholesterol at 19, has that been investigated? Being exposed to high circulatory LDL in life drives up your risk of premature atherosclerosis - that's not something you want to have so early. (hope you are not subscribing to "cholesterol doesn't matter" theory shared by a lot of carnivore people) 

Have you been checked for familial hypercholesterolaemia? Could it be connected to high red meat consumption? What were your LDL and non-HDL cholesterol levels? Did the panel include ApoB? 

Has your blood sugar been checked? Thyroid? Testosterone? 

The feelings you describe can be triggered by a variety of things and without more information, it is hard to tell. It could be coming from traumatic experiences early in life, living in a toxic environment, from more biological issues (e.g. gut dysbiosis, nutritional deficiencies) , thyroid issues, hormonal issues. Lack of purpose and vision in life is a common one too. 

Do you get outside enough? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

2 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Could you share more details about what your diet looks like? What do you eat for breakfast, lunch dinner? 

What do you eat and what sort of foods do you avoid? 

Thanks for responding @Michael569 ! I went vegan for about a year and a half and got a vitamin b12 deficiency. I added animal products back into my diet and got my b12 way up to 2000. I don't eat breakfast but when I do eat between 12 and 8p.m. I make sure I eat enough. I find it easier to start my day without breakfast and since I'm so exhausted in the morning. For my first meal, I'll have ground beef, eggs, bone broth, beef heart or liver, and butter and for my second meal I'll have either lamb or ground beef, avocado, garlic, onion, sauerkraut, and kefir. Foods that I avoid are all grains, dairy (except butter and kefir that I make), legumes, nuts, vegetables, fruits, and basically all carbs. Food that I eat are red meat (lamb and beef), organs avocado, eggs, butter, tallow, lard, ghee, bacon, kefir, sauerkraut, cucumbers, garlic, and onion. i'd love to know what changes you suggest I should make to my diet.

3 hours ago, Michael569 said:

you shouldn't have a high cholesterol at 19, has that been investigated? Being exposed to high circulatory LDL in life drives up your risk of premature atherosclerosis - that's not something you want to have so early. (hope you are not subscribing to "cholesterol doesn't matter" theory shared by a lot of carnivore people) 

Have you been checked for familial hypercholesterolaemia? Could it be connected to high red meat consumption? What were your LDL and non-HDL cholesterol levels? Did the panel include ApoB? 

I have no been checked for hypercholesterolaemia. I do eat a lot of red meat though. My LDL was 157, my HDL was 90, and my non-HDL was 169. The panel did not include ApoB.

3 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Has your blood sugar been checked? Thyroid? Testosterone? 

The feelings you describe can be triggered by a variety of things and without more information, it is hard to tell. It could be coming from traumatic experiences early in life, living in a toxic environment, from more biological issues (e.g. gut dysbiosis, nutritional deficiencies) , thyroid issues, hormonal issues. Lack of purpose and vision in life is a common one too. 

Do you get outside enough? 

My blood sugar/glucose was 82. My TSH was 0.67. And my total testosterone was 433 which surprised me because that's pretty low.

As for traumatic experiences of course I have trauma and wounds but nothing crazy like sexual abuse or molestation. I grew up in a stable home with a big family and I would play with my friends and brothers outside. My environment is pretty calm and as for toxic as in chemicals I have no idea but I do my best to have natural beauty products and cleaning products as well and organic food and distilled water. It could definitely be a biological issue, I make it a goal to get outside for atleast an hour everyday whether that be walking, riding a bike, or playing basketball. I think i've been in a dark night of the soul for the last 3 years but I'm sick of using that as an excuse as to why I feel like dogshit.. I went from playing sports at a really high level, having close friends,and being positive to losing myself completel . With my fatigue, exhaustion, headaches, dizziness, etc it's hard to create a purpose or vision. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks for listening.

4 hours ago, KobywithaY said:

my total testosterone was 433 which surprised me because that's pretty low

That's not necessarily worrisome. It's quite possibly just about the healthiest level to have. Under 300 is often problematic. Although it's not uncommon for low t symptoms to present even with >300 ng/dL. You'll have to decide whether it's worth it for you to try TRT. Getting off of it, if you decide it's not doing anything positive, requires 3 months of SERM/Clomid and also HCG and possibly AI/anastrozole (not all docs are entirely aware of this so you will have to ensure they prescribe these).

If you do try it, a good dose for a 150-200lb male is 100mg testosterone cypionate IM every 5-7 days. For a 175 lb male, usually 200mg testosterone cypionate every 8 days will result in trough levels of 650-700 ng/dL (700 all the time is the sweet spot), but average >>800, and a peak even higher than that... certainly above 950 -- There can be negative health effects if levels are frequently above 950-1100 ng/dL. You can also take a smaller amount daily or every other day, and in fact this is by far the healthiest route, as it not only enables you to stay at about 700 ng/dL 24-7, but also results in less aberrations in SHBG when you aren't injecting huge boluses infrequently.

700+ ng/dL can be associated with increased libido, and possibly mood and aggressiveness (via beta-adrenergic potentiation), but also is highly correlated with accelerated hair loss. If you're bald there's particularly not too much of a downside, potentially.

Edited by The0Self

@KobywithaY

You need carbohydrates, without carbohydrate your production of gnRH and therefore testosterone will be very affected.
Shawn Baker is hypogonadal, Tufano was too...

(https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3205187/)

You do not consume dairy products, if you are young and more stressed by exercise and poor sleep under you need a lot of calcium, like 2g per day.

(https://raypeat.com/articles/articles/milk.shtml)

You may also be hungry, you should eat at least 2500 calories per day at 19 if you are sedentary and not very tall (under 180cm), if you are active AT LEAST 3000 calories per day on average.

Try to include at least 300g of carbohydrates per day, if you want to avoid starches take milk, fruits, fruit juices, honey, maple syrup etc.

example :

Breakfast -> well cooked gluten free oats with maple syrup and frozen berries 

Lunch -> 6 eggs fried in some butter with 100g of Parmesan pieces (or other less expansive raw cheese) , whites pasta or rice.

As a "dessert", 500ml of orange juice, Red bull or mexican/european coke.

Dinner -> 3/4 fresh oysters with citrus or pig/beef heart (less expansive) , one big sweet potatoe.

Snack before bed -> "milk shake" raw milk, honey/maple syrup and two whole raw eggs, 2 big tablespoon of beef gelatine for diminish cortisol (https://raypeat.com/articles/articles/gelatin.shtml)

Admit that it makes you want :ph34r:

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Do you eat eggs almost everyday?

They make me feel worse i think

2 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

Try to include at least 300g of carbohydrates per day

Usually not a bad idea. But whatever you do, don't drop below 125g/d, as this tends to crash the T3/T4 ratio, resulting in somewhat depressed mood. Keto is effective for fat loss but it's mostly a fad because it's not sustainable as a healthy diet, and high carb / high protein / low fat is usually more effective for fat loss anyway.

1 hour ago, The0Self said:

Usually not a bad idea. But whatever you do, don't drop below 125g/d, as this tends to crash the T3/T4 ratio, resulting in somewhat depressed mood. Keto is effective for fat loss but it's mostly a fad because it's not sustainable as a healthy diet, and high carb / high protein / low fat is usually more effective for fat loss anyway.

spot on

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

@PurpleTree Yeah I eat them everyday

On 3/31/2023 at 8:55 AM, Michael569 said:
8 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

Do you eat eggs almost everyday?

They make me feel worse i think

@KobywithaY

Two major changes i would do there as per the comment earlier

1. Add some carbohydrates back - all that fatigue and low-ness is likely caused by carb deprivation. Protein can be used for gluconeogenesis but it's dirty, slow and inefficient not to mention (probably) heavy on the elimination system.

2. Cut down on red meat, butter and animal fat SIGNIFICANTLY if you even want to make it to your 70s. Your cholesterol profile is not good and you need to remedy that. In case of butter i would consider going for 100% elimination until you get your LDL in 100s and lower.

I would treat that as a main priority for you rather than worrying about testosterone which bit seems alright, i wouldn't worry about it too much. Eating more carbs will push it up if your natural levels are higher.

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus