Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChrisZoZo

Any advice for a two month solo mediation retreat?

8 posts in this topic

Any advice for a two month solo mediation retreat?

I feel I have obtained a will power hack so I can basically do sadhanas like a have full will power. 

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

What is the longest solo retreat you've completed?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I think like 5 days but that was 3 hours a day of medation

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

You are kidding yourself if you think you can pull off 2 months.

Pick something more realistic.

Remember, when it comes to meditation, quality is more important than quantity. It is pointless to do 2 months of shitty meditation.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Two weeks are realistic for someone with little experience, if you leave home environment.

Thanks for the concern guys I was just looking for general advice I didn’t explain the situation. 

It’s not a meditation retreat as such (that not the main goal)  it’s rather just 2 months of near 0 distractions while I am not identified with the person identity. I have done this for 2 week before and it was very successful. Last time I didn’t really meditate much but I going in with the intention of a lot of meditation. If the “burning” is to much that’s fine as long as I don’t identify with the person. My method for this is to have a silent mind. 

so any advice knowing this :D

It is important to not have all or nothing thinking. It is important to have a silent mind and also an active mind. An active mind for asking questions and deep contemplation and a silent mind to incubate all of the answers from your questions. The way most people meditate is wrong. Counting your breaths or repeating a mantra is going to waste your time.

What you need is to deeply contemplate reality. You need to be deeply curious. Forcing yourself to have a silent mind is going to stunt curiosity. Let your mind wander on a specific topic of inquiry, then quiet the mind with the intention of gaining insight. What you are really after is insight, not no-mind. Place your intention on the former and not the latter.

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false.