Raf

First 5meo Malt experience - report

12 posts in this topic

So glad I found this community.

For context, I have done the Toad (also referred to as Buffo, or 5meo dmt) 6 times anywhere from 60 to 115mg, always in a ceremonial environment, Ayahuasca 5 times, and shrooms many times (my typical dose is 4g). 

I was very excited and curious to try 5meo Malt since the Toad is my absolute favorite and everybody seems to say they are very similar but Malt being more gentle. 

The Toad for me is always in a ceremonial environment, inhaled with a glass pipe, it shoots me to space, feels sudden and scary, I pass out, then I wake up crying and laughing and feeling the best, full of joy and love, wondering what just happened to me, having a vague feeling that I was in contact with god or the universe who showed me some profound message and reassured me everything is exactly how it should be. I never felt nauseous or stomach upset on it, then I’m calm for 2 days like I received the best massage for the soul. 

Back to Malt:

Yesterday I plugged 12-20mg, HCL, white fine powder, tested negative for fentanyl, the scent reminds me of the Toad, I can’t wait to start.  
I was with 2 friends: one snorted 12-20mg, the other one snorted 6-10mg. It’s such a tiny amount of powder, I’m wondering if I will even feel anything.

-as soon as I was done plugging, I felt a discomfort in my butt, like I wanted to fart. Of course, I held it in. 

-15 min in, I was really feeling like I had diarrhea. I had to breath through it, it was uncomfortable, it also came with feelings of nausea

-30min in I feel warm, the upset stomach and nausea are milder, but still there. I start to feel very similar to how I feel in MDMA: my sense are heightened, I’m a little more jittery like on caffeine. 

-my friends report similar feelings, less nausea, but they have it too

-45min-1:15 is what I would imagine is my peek. A surge of emotions, close to no visual, some occasional white/purple tunnels and distortions when I close my eyes. I wish my friends were not around, they’re talking and it’s distracting, they already cane down. I feel the warmth and love of my mother (that I lost when I was 13), I don’t know if I’m crying or laughing, it’s the moment that feels the most like the Toad. One of my friends is sitting next to me, she realizes I’m having a moment, I take her hand, put it on my chest, it feels loving, so I keep going with my emotions, I enjoy the ride

-for the next hour or so, I’m feeling pretty happy and warm, but also physically hot, a bit of that vibrating/jittery feeling one experiences on shrooms or lsd, which I never have on the Toad. 

So my experience had a bit of similarities with the toad emotionally maybe, but everything else was more uncomfortable and felt like a upper, maybe because of the way of administration? Maybe because the dosage was too low? But if so I worry about increasing the dosage given how nauseous and upset was my stomach, maybe because I was doing it with 2 other people so it was distracting?

Any advice is welcome  i want to try again in one week. Alone this time, with a playlist and a bigger dose, maybe 30mg. is there something I can take beforehand to curb that upset stomach and nausea feeling?

@Raf very nice report Thanks! 

Take 30 minutes before 1,5 g raw ginger (swallowing is also ok but if you can then chew) and nausea should be removed. 

Sounds like the dose was too low.

A serious trip on 5-MeO-MALT should blow your mind to pieces until you are shitting in the middle of your living room floor.

Yes, it tends to be quite nauseating. That's the price of admission. You just bite the bullet and jump in.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

@Leo Gura Do you still have nausea now when doing 5-meo-dmt or malt? And how do you cope with it?

I find nausea pretty hard to deal with at a high dose of 5-meo. As @OBEler said in the post above, taking raw ginger 30 minutes prior the trip would remove the nausea. I'm planning to do another breakthrough dose 5-meo-dmt trip tonight and I'll give it a shot.

Edited by Kingston

11 minutes ago, Kingston said:

@Leo Gura Do you still have nausea now when doing 5-meo-dmt or malt? And how do you cope with it?

Yes. It's not so much a desire to vomit as a very strong, queasy body-load. It feels uncomfortable.

I just endure it. It's usually only bad for the first 10 mins. Once fully in the trip it becomes irrelevant.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura

Agree that when fully into it, it didn't really matter. However, the nausea just feels really uncomfortable in the first 5-10 min at a high dose. O.o

By knowing that you've done more than 100+ 5meo trip and endure it every time, and still going strong. Man you really value the truth. lolll

@Leo Gura Thank you for the info, I didn’t realize that nausea was known for Malt. 
well… I’ll try to take ginger before. Ha. 

Do you have equal nausea wity 5meo-dmt? I assume you plug it too?

9 minutes ago, Raf said:

@Leo Gura

Do you have equal nausea wity 5meo-dmt?

It varies. Sometimes I get heavy nausea, other times not.

9 minutes ago, Raf said:

I assume you plug it too?

Yes

Ginger or Lemon or Kola nut. Every substance that blocks 5ht3 receptors from interacting with tryptamine helps with nausea.

Ginger worked like a charm. This time I did 25mg sublingual and I cried and laughed a lot. Then I was feeling like a million bucks. Anything more than 25mg would probably be too much, but I might try

the way I did sublingual was to hold it for 15min and then I spat all the built up saliva after 15min. 
it’s incredibly bitter and it had a “burning” sensation. 
am I supposed to wait that long before spitting? Am I supposed to spit it?