caesar13

Only sleep when feeling sleepy?

6 posts in this topic

Kind of an odd question I think. But is it good to sleep at a the same time at night. Forget about work for now, which would be healthy? Sleeping at a particular time at night? Or only sleeping when I feel sleepy?

Would sleeping at night at particular time be not implied as forced sleep, even in the slightest sense?

In my own experience going with what my body feels tends to be what's best, so yes, I'd always fall asleep easier when I felt it was natural.

Having a job where you need to clock in at a certain time obviously wouldn't be compatible with this though lmao.  If you struggle to settle down at night there's a few things you could like cutting back on caffeine if you take any, or meditation in bed is usually a sure grantee that you'll slip out of consciousness.

1 hour ago, enzyme said:

meditation in bed is usually a sure grantee that you'll slip out of consciousness.

Not for me xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 3/22/2023 at 5:30 PM, caesar13 said:

Would sleeping at night at particular time be not implied as forced sleep, even in the slightest sense?

I feel it is forced sleep. I feel that the day should be at least 26 hours! that can work best for me! 

Sometimes I let it run, and I sleep only when I want to..

You can't sleep without feeling sleepy. I don't see an alternative. Otherwise you're just laying in bed doing nothing, or at minimum getting very low quality sleep.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

I sleep when sleepy and rise when regenerated about 4 - 6 hours a night is all I require, I have more energy than almost everyone I encounter.  Sometimes I sleep for 2 - 4 hours, it all depends, you have to follow your unique current and its often changing.

Although I do agree there is a great benefit in sleeping and rising with the rhythms of nature, it is best to follow what feels most natural to you in each and every moment, because we are always changing and going through phases and shifts and we have to honour where we are at.

As above so below, as within so without.