Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blackhawk

That I can't choose my thoughts terrifies me

7 posts in this topic

It can kinda feel like I can choose my thoughts.. but I think that it's a illusion. They come from nowhere.

I don't even want to think about it..

It makes my heart race. I feel like I could easily go insane if I investigate this thing with thoughts too much.

Edited by Blackhawk

Don't identify with your thoughts. You are not your thoughts but a pure consciousness who's watching them. Watch them and observe them as if you're watching and observing people passing on the street, and remember that they are not yours, and they are not you.

When you are anxious, before you're taking a deep breath, make sure you slowly exhale all the air stored in your lungs (because of hyperventilation that is common in panic or anxiety attacks) and then take a deep breath, that probobly will help to calm you down in those situations. 

Edited by Lila9

Let Love In

On 19.3.2023 at 7:32 PM, Blackhawk said:

It makes my heart race. I feel like I could easily go insane if I investigate this thing with thoughts too much.

Don't worry, you will not go insane. It's interesting that your body / mind gets anxious about this. Have you tried sitting abit with this uncomfortable feeling? Maybe it will go away after a while.

Personally I find the fact that I can chose which thoughts to make my own and which ones to ignore, is the most freeing thing of my life. It simply means you can chose freely what you want to value in your life. What do you want to treat important. And what is not worth your attention? Try to see it, as a great opportunity.

Yes it's a triggering thing for the ego, but you can also see the opposite aspect which is true freedom; now you don't have to worry anymore because the universe supports you, you just have to go with the flow!

On 2023-03-21 at 7:47 AM, Mormegil said:

Don't worry, you will not go insane. It's interesting that your body / mind gets anxious about this. Have you tried sitting abit with this uncomfortable feeling? Maybe it will go away after a while.

Personally I find the fact that I can chose which thoughts to make my own and which ones to ignore, is the most freeing thing of my life. It simply means you can chose freely what you want to value in your life. What do you want to treat important. And what is not worth your attention? Try to see it, as a great opportunity.

It's worse than that. Maybe you can't even choose. You didn't choose to think that you can choose. 

On 2023-03-21 at 1:42 PM, Forza-Spirito said:

Yes it's a triggering thing for the ego, but you can also see the opposite aspect which is true freedom; now you don't have to worry anymore because the universe supports you, you just have to go with the flow!

You don't choose the idea "go with the flow" either.

Any comforting stuff is beyond your control too, it's just more of the same problem, but just a more pleasant problem. Do you get it?

And I know that things can suddenly turn very ugly, the voice in your head (the thoughts) can at any point become hostile towards you. It has happened to me. I'm powerless.

Anyway, hopefully I'm just mentally ill or something.

Oh yeah.. I didn't create that thought either..

Edited by Blackhawk