Yimpa

Trump claims that he will be arrested next week

22 posts in this topic

On 19.03.2023 at 2:55 PM, Girzo said:

@Sucuk Ekmek I say so because gold and silver are metals of little use in current global economy, so they are not worth much. Why would they be used to guarantee value of something else if they by themselves have little value?

This is your theory.

Now ,what would happen if you cant get these physical metals for any FIAT currency at any price? If so this means they have value.  

What is dollars value? It's a bad toilet papper. It also has no given value. Nobody wants bad toilet paper, so there is little value.

Or what gonna be digital dollars value? People just like to believe things are real and you just stamp the goddamn value...

@Sucuk Ekmek People storing them would take them out of supply for doing useful things. And people would store copious amounts of these metals, because they are not worth much. That would increase their price and in the end the only result of this idiotic policy would be disturbances in the electronics market. 

There are practical problems, but it's not anything like our race to bottom economics.

@Sucuk Ekmek  

The problem with economy is that it's so big nothing can really back it up, other than military power and energy resources. 

I think Trump disagrees with you :) at 09:45 .   My view is  new economy is either going to be centralized or decentralized. American left is centralized all the way. Right is not so much. Anyways this is a huge topic to unpack in here. So best wishes to you all.

@Sucuk Ekmek you know nothing about economy. It's your job to fix it. Man up and pull yourself by the bootstraps. Whininnig about current system like some radical leftist feminist about men is not going to take you far.

Work to understand why current monetary system is the way it is. It's not only because of "bad people" or "globalist elite". Saying that is akin to leftists calling everyone they don't like nazis.

And try to think through the repercussions of changes you would like to make to the monetary system. Because it is A SYSTEM. With all the parts connected. 

I will wrap it up by saying that dollar's value is not in some stupid paper, as it wouldn't be in some stupid gold bars. It's value is stability of the US political system, military, IT industry and US' role in the global oil trade.