Yimpa

Highly Sensitive To Added Sugar?

6 posts in this topic

So I quit consuming excess amount of added sugars a year ago (pretty much got myself to consuming a negligible amount). Prior to quitting, I used to consume added sugars in excess almost daily for years. 

A few weeks ago, I tried experimenting with reincorporating added sugar in “reasonable” amounts (e.g. limit myself to ~30g/day). While I’m able to do that, I notice that even that amount saps my energy and I feel like crap. I’ve decided to go back to what has worked (and perhaps only treating myself on rare occasions when the time calls for it). 

Has anyone else had a similar experience? What would you recommend substituting added sugars for? I am finding that fruits like bananas and blueberries seem to be a great alternative. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Fruits would be primary, raw honey would be great, medjool dates are also great.

Firstly, what kind of sugar are you consuming? And how much of it at once?

Also, what do you mean it saps your energy? Do you feel mental fog? Jittery?

If I had to take a wild guess, you might be consuming too much simple sugars at once, so it gets absorbed really quickly, and so you get a big insulin spike which metabolizes too much sugar and leaves your blood sugar levels unbalanced, which could contribute to bad energy levels. Your insulin sensitivity would have increased after abstaining for so long.

As for substituting refined sugars, that's pretty easy:

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

On 3/13/2023 at 4:14 AM, Osaid said:

Firstly, what kind of sugar are you consuming? And how much of it at once?

I was consuming those Chobani greek yogurt cups with fruit on the bottom. Of course, they add sugar to make it very rewarding to the brain. I would eat 3 or 4 of them in one sitting, yikes.

Also, what do you mean it saps your energy? Do you feel mental fog? Jittery?

Brain fog seems to be the best description. 

As for substituting refined sugars, that's pretty easy:

Thank you, I’ll look into that.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

You may have candida. Once you fix your gut microbiome sugar won't be such of a big deal. 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered