Ulax

Thinking-Thinking-Thinking meditation

6 posts in this topic

I'm getting what i see to be encouraging result from a meditation style where I watch my thoughts and then every say 6 seconds note 'thinking-thinking-thinking'.

I was hoping some users would be kind enough to help me understand what type of meditation this is called.

Also, if you know, what the benefits and/or limitations of this sort of meditation are? And overall what to expect from this style of meditation compared to others?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Ulax
Spelling

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

@Ulax Interesting, I haven't heard of it, but if it's working for you that is great. It sounds like it's effective at bringing awareness to the deeper you and the ego mind. 

What changes or insights have you noticed practicing it? 

@Matthew85 I've only done one session with this style recently. However, I noticed that my thoughts are able to flow much more easily during the meditation. Also, many more memories come up for me in the meditation, which I see as showing potential for real shadow work.

I think the style has a nice blend between control and letting go. Control because my ego mind can control the 'thinking-thinking-thinking' noting. Letting go because of the allowing of all thoughts.

Be-Do-Have

1 hour ago, Ulax said:

Also, if you know, what the benefits and/or limitations of this sort of meditation are? And overall what to expect from this style of meditation compared to others?

*I have not practiced this type of meditation myself, but I would be mindful if you find yourself judging your thoughts.

An important key is that replacing what you perceive as a “bad” thought with a “good” thought (and vice versa), ultimately is just another thought :) 

*(I lie, I’m actually practicing now as I type this reply, heh)

“Within the garden of your mind, every thought is a seed that can bloom into a galaxy of wonders." -ChatGPT 4

2 hours ago, Yimpa said:

An important key is that replacing what you perceive as a “bad” thought with a “good” thought (and vice versa), ultimately is just another thought :) 

*(I lie, I’m actually practicing now as I type this reply, heh)

@Yimpa I get you. And agree in  one sense.

But I guess what I'm interested in is what sort of work a certain style of meditation tends to do for practioners. I.e. I've heard and believe some style tend to allow  for more shadow work. Some tend towards giving the practioner more piece of mind. Some towards more mystical states.

Be-Do-Have

@Ulax I would call it noting and can be used for feeling or other sensory inputs aswell.

Edited by WelcometoReality
Tpyo