AndylizedAAY

My Serious Problem With School and Rest and My Current Situation

13 posts in this topic

Before I send you this, my phone is at normal size. Also, do you think that I will get reliable feedback on reddit? Do you think that this forum is good for this topic? Now, I need you to help me deal with my anxiety with homework. How can I work on it without feeling overwhelmed or not working hard enough? How do I know if I need help and how do I want it? Now, I would like your feedback on what I said and the response I got. Please take the picture of my phone into account before judging the length of the screenshot.

WIN_20230306_02_41_55_Pro.jpg

Screenshot 2023-03-066572237093163714351.png

8 minutes ago, AndylizedAAY said:

How can I work on it without feeling overwhelmed or not working hard enough? 

Screenshot 2023-03-066572237093163714351.png

Dude that screen size would overwhelm anyone, I'd just switch it out, I mean just look at that thing ?

@thepixelmonk Look, you have to believe that I have proof that my phone is smaller than you think: 

The video is unlisted, only those with the link can view.

Anyways, can you please just give me some constructive feedback for less anxiety?

8 hours ago, AndylizedAAY said:

@thepixelmonk Look, you have to believe that I have proof that my phone is smaller than you think: 

The video is unlisted, only those with the link can view.

He's just trolling You.

8 hours ago, thepixelmonk said:

Dude that screen size would overwhelm anyone, I'd just switch it out, I mean just look at that thing ?

It was funny for a while, but please let it go now.

That said, I can't see what's on the screenshot because of its aspect ratio. And when I zoom in it's blurred. Maybe instead of long screenshots You could go with a few normal screenshots or just copy and paste the text You wanted to show us.

Can't read screenshot. Maybe try a different way, like saving or exporting the page as PDF. Perhaps there's another command to take one-page screenshots and not just the entire website. 

Regarding your anxiety, you need to become conscious of the "place" in which you're generating it and see it as ineffective. Become aware of how you're doing it in your experience. Anxiety is a form of fear, hence related to an image of the future that you're unwilling to confront. Look in that direction, it may help. Remove a component of fear and it can't arise. 

Some mindfulness would be useful. Focus on your breathing, relax and contemplate. 

@UnbornTao Sure thing, I'll make sure that you can read the screenshot and my response. The response might be something that I already know but needs to be put into practice. I think that my pursuit of passion can be interfering. I can also send you a video from Dr. K because he might have responded. It seems like I have all of the feedback I need but just in case, I will send these things to you.

On 3/6/2023 at 4:00 PM, UnbornTao said:

Can't read screenshot. Maybe try a different way, like saving or exporting the page as PDF. Perhaps there's another command to take one-page screenshots and not just the entire website. 

@UnbornTao Aren't you able to watch the YouTube video?

@UnbornTao 

The YouTube video may or may not be related to my reddit post.

This post was beginning to be created at about 5:00 AM and this is basiclly the best thing that I can do right now since I won't be able to complete all of the projects that are due today. I had Thanksgiving break which caused the projects to pile up and screwed me over. Distance learning could at least get me to do more work at home. I try to get things done at school but the assignments are assigned later on in the day, i don't have enough time, or help is unavailable. There wouldn't be that much of a difference between distance learning and the homework assignments piling up on Thanksgiving break because of the difficult assignments that I would have to work my ass off for to complete since I still didn't make any progress. I could have gotten help but the reason I don't is because I value my solitude too much which is very problomatic and thus resulting procrastination by myself since the assignments were too difficult to do by myself. Video games are NOT the main reason for my procrastination, there is some underlying condition that I am unable to address and that I am playing video games a lot less especially during school days. I will just explain what happened yesterday: So I got home from school and was really tired because I haven't slept the day before with the same scenario during the time this post was created. I then got up at about 6:30 PM I believe 

Share this Link 

SHARE LINK 

permanently? You said that me thinking that I need to get things done would result in procrastination. Can you please briefly remind me how this is true and what I can tell myself instead? I wasted my time watching your videos but it seems like nothing would change if I don't watch them so I don't really know what to do. It may not have been a complete waste of time since you mentioned about the topic of binge watching YouTube which was other content that had nothing to do with productivity and that I need to deal with my negative emotions or that they will deal with or control me. What does this actually say about the limitations of free will? Do my emotions limit my free will if I don't deal with them? How do I know if I have suppressed emotions? If I have them, why are they there, what actually happened, and how do I deal with them? There is just this lingering negativity whenever someone else is at home, why does this happen? I am also less likely to meditate because of that even if I am left alone and that I don't know how to explain why I would want to or how it could help me even though I know for myself. I mean it's not like I have anything to hide. The problem with bad time management has been a consistent problem, what do I do? 

2 ♡ 

2 Comments sorted by Best v 

Leave a comment 

AutoModerator 

95d 

Thank you for posting on r/Healthygamergg! This subreddit is intended as an online community and resource platform to support people in their journey toward mental wellness. With that said, please be aware that support from other members received on this platform is not a substitute for professional care. Treatment of psychiatric disease requires qualified individuals, and comments that try to diagnose others should be reported under Rule 7 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the community. If you are in immediate danger, please call emergency services, or go to your nearest emergency room. 

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or 

concerns. 

Vote 

Reply + 

Sheeepl 95d 

Ok so there's a lot to unpack and I don't have advice to all of what you're struggling with, but I had just read a book about better work habits so I could mention some stuff that I personally found very helpful. Maybe it could give you a new perspective too. (The book is called Järki Töihin by Sami Paju, so not in english) 

1) I think the main points of this book are that wanting change without having a clear reason, plan, and reflection. There's no point in trying out techniques, like the pomodoro technique, if you don't reflect on what's working and what's not. 

2) instead of focusing on the end goal (for 

exapmle: I want to get an A from this exam), focus on the acts that will get you there (for example: study for an hour every day). This is very helpful if goals are overwhelming and you feel very disappointed if you don't reach them. 

3) Write down what you want to change and why. Who and how it will benefit. What is on the way of that goal. What can you change, in the environment for example, so you can achieve that goal. 

4) create a plan how you're going to change 

your habits. Have a timetable and slot the most important things there, max 3–5 things. Then you just have to show up and work the slotted time, no matter if you get ready with it or not. Give yourself more time than you 

need, so if you have a day you can't get anything done you won't fall behind. 

5) Reflect. At least once a week, once a month and once a semester. Go through things you've done and look at notes you've made. What has worked and what has not? Best parts and worst parts? Then make changes according to your notes. Rinse and 

repeat. 

6) TAKE TIME TO REST! Rest is not a reward. 

It is a neccessity to keep your body working. Take breaks during the day when you can, and sleep at least 7 hours. 

I hope these are some help.

Edited by AndylizedAAY
I wanted to share a YouTube video and the format of my post.

@UnbornTao I shouldn't have edited my post. It would have been easier to have text with the PDF file. I want to know what Leo says to make the advice actually work. Maybe I already know what he said and that I have all of the advice I need but I'm not sure. Anything from the Life Purpose Course that could help me with this? Videos, excercises, worksheets? Also, trying to find my passion distracts me from my work.

Edited by AndylizedAAY
I wanted to ask about the Life Purpose Course.

@UnbornTao Btw, where do hidden files go on the forum? Can they be unhidden? I apoligize for calling those trolls idiots. I deleted the video because it doesn't belong with my YouTube channel. Does Leo appoint moderators?

Edited by AndylizedAAY
I wanted to ask less questions.