Garuda

Meditation 'hack'

6 posts in this topic

Anyone meditate just before they go to sleep?

When I meditate late at night I feel very sleepy to the point it was a waste of time doing it at night.

But on many occasions I have meditated just before sleep and I was actually dreaming about meditating . Then when I wake up in the morning I meditate and it was so much more effortless than it is not meditating before sleep. It was as if I mediated subconsciously during my sleep.

Anyone do something similar or know anything about this?

@Garuda Some monks practice sleep -meditate- sleep--meditate on a 6-8 hour schedule 24/7. They combine the two until there is only one state of awareness.

@Garuda I always meditate before bed, nothing wrong with that SINCE you are not falling asleep constantly in your sessions, and trying to maintain stable attention + clarity.

Careful though you might accidentally astral project especially when laying down hahaha

B R E A T H E

7 hours ago, Toby said:

? Isn't it like "common knowledge" to meditate right before and right after sleep?

Negative.

I dont often mediate before bed. I just find it 10x harder to mediate at that time. My mind is just spinning in every direction.