Steph1988

Explain This Strange Reiki Thing To Me Please :)

12 posts in this topic

I am not into alternative healing and i know nothing about it, i am also very skeptic about it.

But the day before i had my driving exam i was very nervous and my driving instructor recommended doing a session with a reiki practitioner. 

So i went and i expected nothing from it except as a funny thing to try.

But i felt something strange, he used his hands to go around my arms and legs and he did never touch me his hands were like 10 cm from me at all times but at the place he had his hand i felt something i can only describe as if electricity went through that place.

when i was done i did not feel weird at all and i was still nervous the next day i made it however on my first try although i don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I try to be both skeptic and open minded at the same time with this.

I still cannot explain this weird sensation can anyone explain to me what that is? has anyone else experienced it? 

@Steph1988 @egoeimai

3 hours ago, Steph1988 said:

I am not into alternative healing and i know nothing about it, i am also very skeptic about it.

But the day before i had my driving exam i was very nervous and my driving instructor recommended doing a session with a reiki practitioner. 

So i went and i expected nothing from it except as a funny thing to try.

But i felt something strange, he used his hands to go around my arms and legs and he did never touch me his hands were like 10 cm from me at all times but at the place he had his hand i felt something i can only describe as if electricity went through that place.

when i was done i did not feel weird at all and i was still nervous the next day i made it however on my first try although i don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I try to be both skeptic and open minded at the same time with this.

I still cannot explain this weird sensation can anyone explain to me what that is? has anyone else experienced it? 

HI @Steph1988 I'm a Reiki Master and I have a post/topic in the forum that talks about all of this and my experiences and why I got into Reiki.    I used to be an atheist, so after everything I experienced with Reiki, I made a huge spiritual shift.:)

The post is called : Starting A Reiki Circle/ Prayer Circle For Actualized.org

What is Reiki?

I'm going to copy and paste my comment I left to Leo on his video "using 5-MeO-DMT".   It gives a great explanation of what Reiki is.  I brought it up because Martin was talking about energy and consciousness work while using 5-MEO.  It just seemed synonymous to what I was doing with my Reiki stuff.

The information I'm providing below mostly comes straight out of my Reiki Text books.

Reiki is first off non-demonational or religious. Rei means spiritually guided and ki means energy, the vital life force or the universal life energy. Reiki is guided by spiritual consciousness. This is a non physical energy that animates all living things. And to some it would be interpreted as the Holy Spirit or God living within us. Reiki is a form of energy healing. Reiki guides itself with its own wisdom, rather than requiring the direction of the practitioner. Purging energy from your stomach as what Martin describes about 5-meo-HDTV reminds me of clearing the energy from your solar plexus chakra, which is where you hold all of your emotions. Ki, also known as prana, chi, ti, biofield energy, etc. is thought to be the underlying energy of everything that exists. Ki is influenced by the mind. If you have positive healthy thoughts, your Ki becomes stronger. If you have unhealthy, negative thoughts, your Ki is weakened or becomes unhealthy. It’s so interesting because I’m sure you’ve noticed that our physical health does have a connection to our emotions. Like when we are depressed or aka have negative energy we are sluggish and it can weaken our immune systems while being positive we have a tendency to have more physical energy and get things done. Life becomes so wonderful when we no longer allow ourselves to be governed by our emotions. It’s so nice to have that emotional control and awareness like you are mentioning in your video interview.

**when i was done i did not feel weird at all and i was still nervous the next day i made it however on my first try although i don't know if that has anything to do with it.

It is very possible that it may have effected you.

Because Reiki is spiritual consciousness and I'm not actually doing the healing and I'm just a conduit, the energy has it's own intellect and it can effect you on a physical, mental and even spiritual level.  It will guide itself to what is the important thing needed at the time.  I was just attuned to this energy and the stuff just works by itself.  You don't really need much training for it....like a matter of a few hours just to go over course material.  We all have the ability to use the energy, it's just a matter of turning it on!

I talk about my personal experiences with Reiki, and how it's affected the people I know.

When I first experienced reiki (which I talk more in detail about in the other post) it effected me on a subconscious level.  I can tell you there are things that have happened to me that I've NEVER EVER told anyone (counseling, hypnosis, reiki practitioners) etc....involving my sexual abuse I had when I was younger....the phobias I had...they're just plain gone after a one hour reiki session!

Last week I caught a really bad cold, so after I received my reiki master certification training on last Friday (which is literally 5 days ago, from when I'm writing this post) I sent reiki energy to my cold for two hours straight.  This reiki....omg....it cut my cold in half!!  I had no more coughing....sneezing.....watery eyes...GONE!

Yesterday I sent distance healing energy to my friend in California because he had a migraine headache and was non stop throwing up.  He told me not only was the pain gone, but he said he broke down and had this huge crying jag...like he was purging something emotionally from his body and he felt really good after that.  He told me that he hadn't cried that hard since he was 10!  And I'm talking about a full grown man!!!  Crying can also be a form of release and can heal people. 

I also got the opportunity to work with Leo using Reiki.  He gave me permission to send energy to him, since I needed someone to practice distance healing on during my Master Certification class last week.   It's really nice to be able to give the gift of healing to others that are open to receiving it.  You can't really heal people unless they are open to it.

I personally got involved with Reiki by accident, but it has now become my life purpose to help others along in their life journey.

@Peace and Love  can I use reiki for kundalini awakening? 

My kundalini was awaken and now is healing me but hurts a lot !!!! I've been reading about it and it says that the only thing I can do is let go and let the healing happen but still hurts , my body moves by itself when I cam down . Can I use reiki to speed up the process? 

@Peace and Love Thank you for the explanation!

That sounds like it is a kind of superpower i am gonna do some more reading in the other post if it works that well.

U claim it cured u of your phobia's and some serious trauma in one hour and that was your first experience with it that sounds awesome.

It raises this important question tho, If it is that powerful and easy to learn why don't u ever hear about it and why is it not practiced en masse? it should be mainstream then.

i might try and visit him one day again maybe.

@Steph1988

It raises this important question tho, If it is that powerful and easy to learn why don't u ever hear about it and why is it not practiced en masse? it should be mainstream then.

It's not mainstream because it works. The pharma industry can't profit from this. They make profit from sick people, not healthy people. They don't care to cure, only to treat. Just follow the money and the answer is clear as daylight.

@NutellaTC

10 hours ago, NutellaTC said:

@Peace and Love  can I use reiki for kundalini awakening? 

My kundalini was awaken and now is healing me but hurts a lot !!!! I've been reading about it and it says that the only thing I can do is let go and let the healing happen but still hurts , my body moves by itself when I cam down . Can I use reiki to speed up the process? 

From what I can see, and from what I have studied, it can work on anything physical, mental, and on a subconscious level.  I work with and am attuned to symbols, and there are symbols that I have used that work with focusing on healing from the past and ones that work on the future.  Not to freak you out or anything, but I was introduced to a symbol that is used for promoting enlightenment.  It's not like the energy is sent and you just change miraculously ........as it has a lot to deal with the person's consciousness that is receiving the healing and where they are in their personal development journey.

A lot of the time when I use Reiki I write things down on a note card on stuff I want to change and I meditate on it while sending energy, and sometimes I find answers just pop up when it is happening.

@Steph1988

7 hours ago, Steph1988 said:

@Peace and Love Thank you for the explanation!

That sounds like it is a kind of superpower i am gonna do some more reading in the other post if it works that well.

U claim it cured u of your phobia's and some serious trauma in one hour and that was your first experience with it that sounds awesome.

i might try and visit him one day again maybe.

We all have the ability to use it. It's just whether or not we choose to use it.

I'm not saying that in all instances that if you use reiki for an hour that all your problems are going to go away or disappear, but it definitely can facilitate and promote healing.   People can heal at different levels, and we are only given what we can handle. You could specifically ask the reiki practitioner to work on specific things.  I find that you gain the most benefits of reiki when you are attuned to it yourself and you study the material, because then you can use it whenever you want. 

The Reiki knowledge is originally from Japan, and was brought here to the United States.  There are many different types of reiki, and many different types of energy healing, and how it can be applied.  This is only one of many ways. ....acupressure, acupuncture, quantum healing, healing touch....tai chi....etc.   When the knowledge was brought here a lot of it from what I could see through studying....it was somewhat hidden and watered down when given to the public.  In my books they talk about how in WW2 a lot of these people in Japan went into hiding because they were being banned from using it.  It has thus become esoteric knowledge.

@Annie

3 hours ago, Annie said:

@Steph1988

It's not mainstream because it works. The pharma industry can't profit from this. They make profit from sick people, not healthy people. They don't care to cure, only to treat. Just follow the money and the answer is clear as daylight.

I've noticed that with many things besides Reiki....even with healthy eating.  There is big profit in keeping people sick, and I've worked very hard to pull myself out of that loop hole. Think of all the doctors that get paid incentives for giving out prescription drugs.   When I was living in Cocoa Beach, Florida. They caught this doctor who was selling oxycodine and other stuff (I think that's what it was, if I have to I'll find the article) to kids illegally and they were mixing it with alcohol and getting high.  He made 4 million dollars doing that.  Doctors are not unfortunately taught how to deal with diet and nutrition...they are taught to treat it with pharmaceutical medications...

@Peace and Love Absolutely. I know a few doctors personally and they've told me they get lots of "support" from drug companies to push their products. And I'm not just talking about a few free pens for their office but high bonuses or vacation for the entire family all paid for if you attend their lectures at a congress and prescribe lots of their products. Many doctors fall into these traps, many are convinced everything they've been told in med school is true without ever questioning anything. But there are also many who are open minded and even change their opinions and actions, even if it means financial loss (example: a gynocologist decided not to vaccinate against HPV anymore after he learned how harmful it can be).
I'm not completely against pharma, don't get me wrong, many meds are necessary. The main problems are side effects. So you take pill A and then you have to take pill B and C to treat the side effects of pill A. And possibly pill D and E to treat side effects from pill B and so on and so on. And the industry couldn't be happier because this generates a ton of money for them which, ultimately, is the only thing they care about. They can't make money off of healthy people.

And since nutrition is like medicine the same applies. There are a bunch of companies who try to sell you "food" which will not keep/make you healthy. Basically if something has advertisement and it has to be produced instead of just harvested don't buy it because it isn't food. It is nothing but a product and this product is there to generate profit. Since it isn't real food it can maybe feed you but not nurture you.

If the "food" most people eat makes them rather sick than keeping them healthy of course doctors have to prescribe more meds. It's a downward spiral for people who refuse to think outside the box but a win-win situation for the industries.

@Annie

9 minutes ago, Annie said:

@Peace and Love Absolutely. I know a few doctors personally and they've told me they get lots of "support" from drug companies to push their products. And I'm not just talking about a few free pens for their office but high bonuses or vacation for the entire family all paid for if you attend their lectures at a congress and prescribe lots of their products. Many doctors fall into these traps, many are convinced everything they've been told in med school is true without ever questioning anything. But there are also many who are open minded and even change their opinions and actions, even if it means financial loss (example: a gynocologist decided not to vaccinate against HPV anymore after he learned how harmful it can be).
I'm not completely against pharma, don't get me wrong, many meds are necessary. The main problems are side effects. So you take pill A and then you have to take pill B and C to treat the side effects of pill A. And possibly pill D and E to treat side effects from pill B and so on and so on. And the industry couldn't be happier because this generates a ton of money for them which, ultimately, is the only thing they care about. They can't make money off of healthy people.

And since nutrition is like medicine the same applies. There are a bunch of companies who try to sell you "food" which will not keep/make you healthy. Basically if something has advertisement and it has to be produced instead of just harvested don't buy it because it isn't food. It is nothing but a product and this product is there to generate profit. Since it isn't real food it can maybe feed you but not nurture you.

If the "food" most people eat makes them rather sick than keeping them healthy of course doctors have to prescribe more meds. It's a downward spiral for people who refuse to think outside the box but a win-win situation for the industries.

I completely 100% agree with you.  If i need meds...trust me I'll use them...but I'm going to do my best to take care of my body in any way I can and use them as a last resort.

I would give you a thumbs up, but I'm sure you know that you're only allowed to give 30 a day!  Why does there have to be a limit to reputation points?? I can't believe I've used mine all up already!!! lol

@Annie so true

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly