Someone here

I'm feeling overwhelmed by how little I know

42 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

Because I went so far down the not knowing rabbit hole that I started questioning everything. Like how do I know the floor underneath me will stand still? How do I Make sure that the universe will not just disappear next second for no reason at all? 

That is a bit different than understanding that reality is complex and that you can't model everything. Now you're questioning the very act of modelling itself, which is a dark road to go down. The truth is that some models are extremely effective at making predictions, and that doubting their reliability without a specific reason is completely irrational. Sure, if you one time actually experience the floor collapsing beneath you, then that will certainly throw you for a loop, but at least wait until something like that happens, or else you're opening Pandora's paranoia box.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

To know everything would yes be a radical experience but it would probably quickly get boring also.

It really just seems like an interesting fantasy.

deep down everyone probably knows that they actually don't know anything but they don't want to admit it & feel that vulnerability or ungroundedness!

♥ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi