Someone here

I'm feeling overwhelmed by how little I know

42 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Someone here this doesn't change the fact that omniscience is also possible- just not at the level you are thinking.   In fact there is no thinking.   But omniscience will give you a complete understanding of what you are as reality itself- and that is the only thing that matters.

Yes, of course. If some being without any margin for error knows everything that is going to happen, then what you are going to do is perdetermined. If your behavior is predetermined, you have no choice but to do exactly what is predetermined and have no free will.

Those who will try to redefine omniscience or free will get around that.  Omniscience and free will are fundamentally incompatible. 

Do you agree? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

25 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yes, of course. If some being without any margin for error knows everything that is going to happen, then what you are going to do is perdetermined. If your behavior is predetermined, you have no choice but to do exactly what is predetermined and have no free will.

Those who will try to redefine omniscience or free will get around that.  Omniscience and free will are fundamentally incompatible. 

Do you agree? 

Of course.  Hence the dream.  God's dream is to be finite and less than perfect and eternal. But alas, it is only a dream..

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Someone here Well you sort out your negative emotions surrounding the level of not knowing via doing inner work imo.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Of course.  Hence the dream.  God's dream is to be finite and less than perfect and eternal. But alas, it is only a dream..

Idk I think to say it's less than perfect and eternal is a bit contradiction.

First  God(you) become Omnipotent. Now that you can do anything, make yourself be….everywhere…omnipresent. Now that you are everywhere you should quite easily perceive everything…omniscient!

Done it yet?

Hmmm. No go huh

The motivations for wanting to be all seeing, all powerful and everywhere are quite worldly. Power, riches, ambition, the desires of the flesh, to heal the sick, to defy death, to right the injustices of the world.

All of these things might seem important to a mere mortal, but to a god they mean nothing. So within hours of knowing, being and doing absolutely anything all the reasons you wanted it for will evaporate, become trivial and meaningless. Catch 22. You have motivations that lead you to want super powers. You get the powers. All of a sudden your motivations cease to exist.

Its like using a video game cheat code for real life. Fastest way to get utterly bored and disillusioned with the whole thing. And because youre immortal you can never, ever check out.

-Osho

5 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@Someone here Well you sort out your negative emotions surrounding the level of not knowing via doing inner work imo.

Not quite. I mentioned that there Is also a thrill of being not having a clue. 

Personally I believe it is better to know, It might not be what we want, though or even imagined possible. But to seek truth is to truly live.

Blinders are used on horses so they don’t startle or scare, to keep them in check so they continue to run in circles blinded from truth or interaction. Which helps keep a system in balance. Profiting off

-Osho

@Someone here I don't understand the point you are making in reference to my comment

Be-Do-Have

13 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Idk I think to say it's less than perfect and eternal is a bit contradiction.

First  God(you) become Omnipotent. Now that you can do anything, make yourself be….everywhere…omnipresent. Now that you are everywhere you should quite easily perceive everything…omniscient!

Done it yet?

Hmmm. No go huh

Omniscience is the realization that there is no time or space.  It is the transcendence of time and space.   So yes, I have.   And omnipotence will leave you powerless because there is nothing to do and nowhere to go.  This is because you are already all things and everywhere and nowhere.   You are nothing and everything simultaneously or Nothing with a capital N.  There is nothing to create which you are not already.   This is God's dilemma.  It IS . ..  I AM!!!  :)

Of course it's not a dilemma after all- because God just has to be itself.   And that means to dream.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@Someone here I don't understand the point you are making in reference to my comment

You said that I'm experiencing negative emotions as a result of my clueless state lol. And I'm saying it's not 100% negative. It's quite adventurous and exciting as well to bonder things and to be in a state of genuine not knowing.

-Osho

Just now, Someone here said:

You said that I'm experiencing negative emotions as a result of my clueless state lol. 

@Someone here No I didn't.

I was actually referring to your feelings of overwhelm.

Be-Do-Have

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Omniscience is the realization that theee is no time or space.  It is the transcendence of time and space.   So yes, I have.   And omnipotence will leave leave you powerless because there is nothing to do and nowhere to go.  This is because you are already all things and everywhere and nowhere.   You are nothing and everything simultaneously or Nothing with a capital N.  There is nothing to create which you are not already.   This is God's dilemma.  It Js.  I am!!!  :)

Of course it's not a dilemma after all- because God just has to be itself.   And that means to dream.

Can God stop dreaming? 

If God is all powerful.. Can he make himself not all powerful?

I can ask similar questions but I guess the paradox is quite clear? 

-Osho

21 minutes ago, Someone here said:

The motivations for wanting to be all seeing, all powerful and everywhere are quite worldly. Power, riches, ambition, the desires of the flesh, to heal the sick, to defy death, to right the injustices of the world.

All of these things might seem important to a mere mortal, but to a god they mean nothing. So within hours of knowing, being and doing absolutely anything all the reasons you wanted it for will evaporate, become trivial and meaningless. Catch 22. You have motivations that lead you to want super powers. You get the powers. All of a sudden your motivations cease to exist.

Its like using a video game cheat code for real life. Fastest way to get utterly bored and disillusioned with the whole thing. And because youre immortal you can never, ever check out.

Precisely.   So why are you worrying about not knowing?  Cherish it.  It is God's fantasy 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@Someone here No I didn't.

I was actually referring to your feelings of overwhelm.

Idk what to do with your posts. They are extremely short and ambiguous. Care to elaborate a bit about your stance? 

Dude, you literally said it

23 minutes ago, Ulax said:

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Can God stop dreaming? 

If God is all powerful.. Can he make himself not all powerful?

I can ask similar questions but I guess the paradox is quite clear? 

Yes and in fact it is right now all you have to do is wake up.  Not so easy though eh?  God has lost itself in its own fantasy.  One in which it refuses to let go.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

Idk what to do with your posts. They are extremely short and ambiguous. Care to elaborate a bit about your stance? 

Dude, you literally said it

@Someone here Fairs. I don't think they are ambiguous, but maybe they appear so to you. i get this one was short. But its because i feel the answer is simple.

I get the confusion. I disagreed because i don't think the emotions come from your clueless state. Not everyone who feels clueless feels overwhelmed by it. The overwhelm is to do with the way your psyche is presently structured atm, and how that structuring interacts with the new belief that you are relatively clueless.

Maybe you build a sense of self-identity around how much you know about the world. If you didn't, perhaps you would not feel overwhelmed.

Be-Do-Have

9 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Precisely.   So why are you worrying about not knowing?  Cherish it.  It is God's fantasy 

Because I went so far down the not knowing rabbit hole that I started questioning everything. Like how do I know the floor underneath me will stand still? How do I Make sure that the universe will not just disappear next second for no reason at all? 

You feel me? It can easily lead to insanity. So I bitched out and stopped the questions lol. 

5 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@Someone here Fairs. I don't think they are ambiguous, but maybe they appear so to you. i get this one was short. But its because i feel the answer is simple.

I get the confusion. I disagreed because i don't think the emotions come from your clueless state. Not everyone who feels clueless feels overwhelmed by it. The overwhelm is to do with the way your psyche is presently structured atm, and how that structuring interacts with the new belief that you are relatively clueless.

Maybe you build a sense of self-identity around how much you know about the world. If you didn't, perhaps you would not feel overwhelmed.

Yes. Because without knowledge we don’t know nuttin’ and so we can’t do nuttin.’ Consequently we are up the creek without a whatever.

-Osho

@Someone here

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Because I went so far down the not knowing rabbit hole that I started questioning everything. Like how do I know the floor underneath me will stand still? How do I Make sure that the universe will not just disappear next second for no reason at all? 

I get you dude. Sounds intense for you.

However, nonetheless, I would still put the overwhelm as a consequence of the way your psyche is currently structured and how this new information affects your psychic structure.

I believe recognising this allows one to embrace nihilism as a intellectual idea, without falling into the low conscious emotions many do. Its a common trap imo to associate intellectual beliefs with the driving force of emotional states. For example, Nietzsche was not depressed imo because of his intellectual beliefs but because of the structure of his psyche. I understand you don't ay you are depressed here but I still you, to my mind, claiming your intellectual beliefs are the driving force of an emotional state (overwhelm).

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yes. Because without knowledge we don’t know nuttin’ and so we can’t do nuttin.’ Consequently we are up the creek without a whatever.

I think we can do many things without acting based on knowledge based decisions.

For example, take the following:

When you were a baby, you would have still cried for your mother when you were born. This is not based on conscious knowledge.

You can think nothing and still get an erection when you see a member of the opposite sex you are attracted to. This is not based on conscious knowledge.

Edited by Ulax
Tagged user

Be-Do-Have

11 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@Someone here

I get you dude. Sounds intense for you.

However, nonetheless, I would still put the overwhelm as a consequence of the way your psyche is currently structured and how this new information affects your psychic structure.

I believe recognising this allows one to embrace nihilism as a intellectual idea, without falling into the low conscious emotions many do. Its a common trap imo to associate intellectual beliefs with the driving force of emotional states. For example, Nietzsche was not depressed imo because of his intellectual beliefs but because of the structure of his psyche. I understand you don't ay you are depressed here but I still you, to my mind, claiming your intellectual beliefs are the driving force of an emotional state (overwhelm).

I think we can do many things without acting based on knowledge based decisions.

For example, take the following:

When you were a baby, you would have still cried for your mother when you were born. This is not based on conscious knowledge.

You can think nothing and still get an erection when you see a member of the opposite sex you are attracted to. This is not based on conscious knowledge.

Thanks. Makes sense. 

There is a reciprocal relationship between thoughts (or intellectual beliefs ), emotions (feeling or affect) and behaviors. Feelings generate thoughts which can be experienced as internal dialogue. Internal dialogue, thoughts, can affect the intensity of a physiological response to the environment. Excitement and anxiety may actually be the same physiologically, but it is the label we give our experience, our cognitions which then create the way we experience our experience.

But I cannot separate the two. If I believe that life sucks and meaningless and God is an evil mofo asshole..then how can i justify not doing suicide? (this is just an example, I'm neither depressed nor suicidal) 

-Osho

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

But I cannot separate the two. If I believe that life sucks and meaningless and God is an evil mofo asshole..then how can i justify not doing suicide? (this is just an example, I'm neither depressed nor suicidal) 

@Someone here In the example, you could consider learning about IFS therapy theory. 

And, imo, realise that your thoughts, and emotions are just the result of different subpersonalities that make up your psychic structure. And your suicidality is just the result of one part trying to help other parts avoid pain in the best way it knows how based it currently knows how. 

You could then just take the requisite steps to change the role of the suicidal part into a healthier one, and make your psychic structure very healthy, whilst retaining all these intellectual beliefs.

Edited by Ulax

Be-Do-Have

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

You feel me? It can easily lead to insanity. So I bitched out and stopped the questions lol. 

I feel you but maybe you are asking the wrong questions.   Maybe instead ask the question "what am i? Because if you know what you are maybe the other questions will resolve themselves.  I think you know the answer to whether or not the universe will just vanish or the ground will fall out beneath you.   You don't have to worry about this happening because you have created a very grounded, stable dream for yourself that you as the ego cannot unimagine.  Without the laws of physics you could not have such a ground.   So you have placed them there.  You will drive yourself crazy in a dream trying to ask yourself why the dream just doesn't evaporate into thin air.  Because you have trapped yourself inside and like a true craftsman - you made sure there were no cracks in the foundation.  It has been flawlessly crafted by a master.   So start by inquiring into the craftsman not the craft. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

You can only know if it’s told by God itself.

The great truth: God speaks to me - is certainly Truth.

Don’t trust anything but God. Trust Him completely and totally, since He is most capable of anything.

Don’t trust yourself or others as well. Remember, the ego is not God ? :) Believe, that God is Great, and Jesus spoke the highest most truthful utterance when he said, “My Father is Greater than I.”