r0ckyreed

How To Get Started In Investing?

12 posts in this topic

What are some general tips in being successful in investing and trading? I am currently looking into Vanguard and Schwab at the moment. What index funds and ETFs do you all recommend? It looks like VTSAX, VTI, VOO, and Bitcoin are pretty good. What do you all think?

Thanks!

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

I buy into companies I personally feel good about what they're doing, like a perspective as a part owner like you are, this sounds uneccessary but to me the biggest problem for most people is the emotional rollercoaster for ups and downs, investing this way you feel okay when it goes down and you don't feel like panic selling which is where most people get killed.

I buy for long term holdings and then whether it's the next day or two years when it spikes I sell. It's usually within a few days if I'm really paying attention and playing hard if I have time, I'll take small margins, watching the news and industry reports because if it spikes due to a windfall I will hold on longer depending on the type of windfall the company came across.

I use 'go til cancel' sell orders, and just leave them be unless a windfall is rumored to be brewing. And 'good for day' buy orders.

Works great, the harder you work it the more you make, I use free trades brokers.

Read the financials and competitors, and industry news.

Edited by Devin

I heard that the longer you keep your money in the market, the more you will make. If you keep putting in and pulling out, I heard that’s a bad strategy because nobody can really predict such future events. Cracking the market is a myth.

I have a 401k with 6% matching with my new job. I plan on putting 10% of paycheck in there each time. Maybe that is what I should focus on most? I also thought about index funds as well.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

Staying in yields about 7% long term on average, that's making money, and with no work, which is great.

I just assumed you were interested in active investing, if you study the industry and market I make about 30%. My long term stocks are what fell in value and I just don't sell, I collect dividends and let them regrow.

I just buy broad market index funds whenever I have free money. Mostly VWCE.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

How do I get started in investing?

What website or apps do you recommend where I can start putting my money in?  

Do you all invest using cash app to invest, Robinhood, or what? What do you recommend?

For what I do go with a website(stock broker) that does free trades of u.s. stocks. I

I am from europe so in order to buy ETFs i must use degiro (broker).

From what I heard I believe interactive brokers would be good option for you.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

You have to be intuitive and think for yourself. 

Don't focus on index funds, that's some small dick minded shit. 

Only nerds talk about that slow return crap. 

Invest in AI and you can make a 200% return instead of fucking 4% 

You should be willing to take risks and use your intuition. 

15 hours ago, Optimized Life said:

Invest in AI

I don’t support AI.

I guess I will check out Vanguards website for investment tips.

On 17.2.2023 at 11:25 PM, r0ckyreed said:

What are some general tips in being successful in investing and trading? I am currently looking into Vanguard and Schwab at the moment. What index funds and ETFs do you all recommend? It looks like VTSAX, VTI, VOO, and Bitcoin are pretty good. What do you all think?

Thanks!

Follow the stock market. Buy and sell shares accordingly.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.