Andromeda

Trip report: first 5-meo-dmt experience

5 posts in this topic

This post will be dedicated to describing my first experience with 5-meo-dmt in as much detail as I can, for the purposes of documenting the experience for myself and others. 

Route of administration: snorting. 

Dosing: I bought a pack of micro scoops (https://www.amazon.com/SuperDosing-Static-Free-Micro-Variety-Milligram/dp/B077VSD8H2) and started of with the smallest one (6mg). These scoops are volumetric, so the 6mg one can contain 6mg of water, but not of other substances for they may be heavier or lighter. I read up and discovered that 5-meo is lighter than water, so a full scoop must have been less than 6mg. Comparing my experience to the dose chart on Psychonaut Wiki, this seems to be true, one 6mg scoop caused only threshold effects.

Approach: I decided to keep taking small doses until I reached a point where I felt like I had a trip that was on the border of mild/common. The dosages were as follows:

- T: 00:00: one 6mg scoop

I felt nervous before I started but this feeling quickly dissipated and turned into a tranquility, which was quite enjoyable. The effects did not get stronger than this so I decided to dose again.  

- T: 00:15: another 6mg scoop

The tranquil feeling increased, but I still felt no more than threshold effects.

- T: 00:30: one 10mg scoop 

Decided to use a slightly bigger scoop. Keep in mind that the two previous 6mg scoops were still in my system. After about 10 minutes I noticed the experience took of and my heart started pounding. I started to have many deep realisations, whilst still being in contact with the outer world. It felt like the perfect dose to have a real taste of the effects.

- T: 01:30: two 10 mg scoops 

The previous experience, which consisted of a buildup of three smaller doses, wore off. I decided to take two 10mg scoops. The effects were slightly less intense than the previous trip, so the peak effects of the different doses must have aligned. One big difference was that I got distracted by nausea, which came in waves and was pretty intense. I started feeling physically unwell, so I sat with a bucket, but never puked. I feel like at this time I also was kind of tired, and that this potentiated the 'negative' physical effects. Next time, I will try this substance whilst I feel more rested. 

This tryptamine ended up helping me get crazy insights, which gave me a new appreciation of consciousness work, and funnily enough, of how hilarious Leo's 'What does awakening feel like?' video is after having this experience. 

Insights:

- It became hilariously obvious that I'm consciousness and that consciousness is everything. The depth consciousness has to it was very profound to experience, I cannot put in words. It's like a building with infinite layers which you can browse through, this life being just one of the layers. Even though I didn't see other layers, this is how it felt. I remembered this from a very strong thc edible experience.

- Life is exactly what it should be. The notion of having or wanting to change anything in the world was hilarious to me and made me crack up. Whilst this is true, this doesn't mean you shouldn't get involved with life and try to make it better, you should. It's just not important in the way people tend to think it is think. You should play the game. 

- There is a strong correlation between being mature and being able to accept what happens to you in life. This correlation also holds for happiness. Don't fight life. This sounds very obvious now but the depth of it just hit me. It seems like this is something psychedelics do; you kinda know something but then it just becomes very obvious and you realize the depth of how true it is. 

- Given the points above, it became completely obvious that I should just let go and be myself, and anything less than that is not an act of self-love.  

Conclusion: 

I had a very positive experience. I can see how this substance should be treated with respect, if you start fighting it, things will get nasty. I will try bigger doses in the future. 

Namaste 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Very nice. Happy for you.

9 hours ago, Andromeda said:

this life being just one of the layers. 

Do you mind expanding on this? Life as in "Andromeda's life" or are you referring to the entire Universe? Like, are there infinite more creations/layers that aren't in any way like this Universe? No resemblance at all. In other words, them being unfathomable to us. 

9 hours ago, Andromeda said:

It's just not important in the way people tend to think it is think.

And this too. Why is life the way it should be? What makes it so? Isn't God deciding how it is and therefore if it wanted it to be different then it would be perfect as well? So if it wanted humans to have wings both that and our current version would be perfect. 

I'd ask why it isn't important but I imagine that since every possible future both good and bad already exists you could literally take the cruelest, most negative and sadistic choices in the entirety of your life and it wouldn't make a damn difference than if you had been the living image of Jesus. I mean there may be more stuff there to make a case for how important life is but this alone renders reality completely meaningless.