Mulky

Really obvious and important fact about race nobody seems to talk about.

12 posts in this topic

This will be sort of basic and not very spiritual but still practical and important.  You are yourself, you aren't other people that lived a long time ago.  This should be obvious to anyone.  I don't have any reason to believe that if reincarnation is a thing, all of my previous lives were as white dudes. Whatever kind of view of reality one has that would have them see a person living right now as being someone who has been long dead but is the same race as them, should easily break down under any kind of examination. It's simply not true.  

I understand helping people out because of injustices that have happened that have put them at a disadvantage, and I also think it makes sense and is good.  What I don't understand is receiving hatred because I am an adult white man.  I don't understand anyone being hated because of the color of their skin.  And I am not the dead(and still living) white guys who did all of those hateful things in the past.  Punishing or hating me will not get back at those dead guys. The truth is I am one of the most sensitive caring people you'll ever meet.  I was born in 1979 and did my best to treat everyone kindly, and it wasn't always easy.  

I just don't feel I want to start making videos, but someone has to point out this very obvious fact that no one ever seems to discuss.  It's such an obviously imaginary worldview we are having where we look at life over time as though each separate race were like 1 being.  It's a mental shortcut but also not true, to personify a race as though the race itself is 1 being.  My life has actually been pretty hard, I haven't really had a tremendous amount of privilege in my life, but it's assumed I have because I'm white.  

The point isn't to not care about a problem someone is having because you have a bigger problem and so their problem doesn't matter at all.  Everyone's problems matter and everyone needs to help and care for each other. To say that it hurt's to be looked at this way doesn't equate to me saying my struggle in life is harder and now yours doesn't matter.  My struggle and my problem might not even be as bad as yours, but it is still a mistake based on a fallacy to Blame and hate me because of what other people with my skin tone did in the past, it is a very obvious and observable fact to any sane person that I am not in any way those people.  

2 hours ago, Mulky said:

I don't understand anyone being hated because of the color of their skin.

Yeah thats very dumb, when thats actually the case. Imagine telling a white dude who is addicted to crack "Ohh you had it easy"  -  when he could have grew up in exactly as bad circumstances as some black people.

Fighting racism with more racism won't work.

1 hour ago, thepixelmonk said:

lol the poor white man appears

Quality engagment with the topic at hand.

Edited by zurew

I understand your point on an individual level, as in its not one white persons fault that things happened in the past and in fact some white people of course can have harder lives than some black people. The issue, as i see it is more on the macro level, salvery and everything that came after it happened but there was never really an apology or an understanding that wrong was committed even until today. This is not just in America, but caribbean islands etc this, i believe is the reason for hostility from some black people toward white people because there was never really an understanding of the pain inflicted, even today there are many white people that think black people are inferior and probably deserved to be enslaved. If you contrast that with Germany, who made a very conscious effort to make up as much as possible, for the wrongs committed to the Jews it results in a much more unified country. 

Also take into account that slave owners who had to give up their slaves are still being compensated, even now. Of course this is not any particular individual white persons fault but you can understand the reluctance for black people to just let it go, when their whole history is filled with this trauma and even now when they complain about how theyre treated they arent believed. Its akin to if a woman is abused by several men, it wont be easy for her to trust men, we might say 'look we're not all like that', but you cant blame her for being wary even if technically shes wrong about all men. Its the same with black people its just that its been passed down generations. I think for white people kind of caught in the cross fire the best thing to do is just understand this context. 

14 hours ago, thepixelmonk said:

lol the poor white man appears

@thepixelmonk Isn't that a little bit hateful

@Consept I agree with everything you are saying.  Of understanding history and righting the wrongs and everything.  I was mostly just talking about the hate thrown at people who may not deserve it, based on a stereotype. I also know what you mean when you reference the natural fact that trauma from the past will effect things happening.  I still think awareness of this insight I discuessed could be helpful in healing of humans and society.

Edited by Mulky
wanted to reference someone

No serious politics suggests hating white people.

To frame it that way shows you are not serious about understanding politics.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I didn't mean to frame it to say that there were serious politics that suggest hating white people, not sure where you got that.  Still, within all discussions about race no on ever mentions the fallacious thought process I was talking about, and that is significant.  

Edited by Mulky

11 minutes ago, Mulky said:

Still, within all discussions about race no on ever mentions the fallacious thought process I was talking about, and that is significant.  

It is not significant at all.

@thepixelmonk how so, if it's very obviously not true and the unchecked mind will often default to this delusion.   It's like a subtle trick the mind plays on you.  And it creates a lot of problems. 

Edited by Mulky

7 minutes ago, Mulky said:

@thepixelmonk how so, if it's very obviously not true and the unchecked mind will often default to this delusion.   It's like a subtle trick the mind plays on you.  And it creates a lot of problems. 

Yes your subtle victim mindset will create lots of problems for you.

I agree with you that a victim mindset creates problems, I also agree that I notice myself sometimes having a victim mindset.  Even right now I realize regardless of what others do I should do what I have control over and live my life.  I would even say that me having to post about this has some energy of that little part of me that has a victim mindset.  If someone treats you poorly, with the right mindset you are the winner because it will make you stronger.  I am even glad of your honesty in pointing that out to me

Still though, it is something to at least think about, but probably not for too long cause you are right it is a waste of my energy lol.  still for some people pondering what I said might be worthwhile, if not so be it.

Edited by Mulky

white privilege has to pay the piper ... you have considerable assets and a comfortable life due to what your forefathers did

how much inheritance have you been or will you be given?

if you claim none then you are the exception not the rule

in one era black people paid the price, in this era white people pay the price

take a back seat for a while