trenton

Chess fundamentally misunderstands the nature of intelligence

68 posts in this topic

@trenton 

On 1/21/2023 at 7:42 PM, trenton said:

Chess often serves as a springboard into spirituality for many players. I wonder how dramatically it would impact the way people think about life. I notice that as a chess teacher I feel limited because I want to do more than just teach chess. I want to teach deeper lessons that not only impact us during a game, but also impact how we think about life in general. These are the most powerful teachings and there are ways of integrating them into how we think about chess. My goal as a chess teacher is to improve the trajectory of the children's lives by helping them to realize abilities that they never knew they had.

Check out josh Waitzkins and his chess book the art of learning. He also has 72 videos that suit the style your looking for. 

Mastery involves integration

“In the end, mastery involves discovering the most resonant information and integrating it so deeply and fully it disappears and allows us to fly free.”

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@trenton I am sorry to hear about the suffering that this condition creates for you. I've noticed with certain friends in the past who were on the spectrum that it was very hard for them to connect interpersonally and I saw this suffering first hand.

I am curious as to whether you have tried or considered the heavy metal chelation process that Leo has mentioned in his videos as a way to see if this can greatly improve your symptoms.

I have also seen clinical study's done of fecal transplantation having a noticeable effect on reducing symptoms of autism in individuals. There definitely is some mind/gut connection issue with some of these disorders also.

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Like many things American, American football is uniquely stupid. It's one of the few sports where the more you play it the stupider it makes you :P

Yeah quite literally.

@AJBrew I have considered the heavy metal chelation. It just seems impractical if I wake up in the middle of the night and do this for days on end while working at a grocery store.

Maybe I could try to do it anyway because of how important it is that I do it. It just seems hard and rigorous.

Edited by trenton

4 hours ago, trenton said:

@AJBrew I have considered the heavy metal chelation. It just seems impractical if I wake up in the middle of the night and do this for days on end while working at a grocery store.

Maybe I could try to do it anyway because of how important it is that I do it. It just seems hard and rigorous.

Yeah i don't blame you it does seem intimidating and it is probably best to do when you are able to take a break from work/school. Especially the alphalipoic acid part; I felt like my head was flushing or something when i took that.

Edited by AJBrew

On 1/23/2023 at 3:12 AM, vladorion said:

The only true life purpose is to wake up.

Everything else is something you do in the meantime.

Sarcasm or sincerity?

@trenton i am fairly decent at chess and enjoy it a lot.  If you are up for a game let me know.  Maybe we can even get a little chess tournament going here.   I dont play that much but to me its kinda like riding a bike.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, trenton said:

@Inliytened1 do you play on lichess.org or chess.com?

What is your user name? Here's my profile on lichess.

https://lichess.org/@/trothan

Awesome.  Yes i have played on chess.com I'll hit you up later in the week.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.