Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
onacloudynight

Designing my own consciousness arboretum

9 posts in this topic

I am designing my own consciousness arboretum.

My goal is to have people tripping out in this small city-like dome.

There will be no laws because we will be aware that we can just respawn, so we will be using the place as an observational consciousness experiment chamber.

1 hour ago, onacloudynight said:

I am designing my own consciousness arboretum.

My goal is to have people tripping out in this small city-like dome.

There will be no laws because we will be aware that we can just respawn, so we will be using the place as an observational consciousness experiment chamber.

I think your intention is in the right place. I think you want to improve society. But I’d strongly recommend you scrap this project, or at least change course dramatically.

You are not going to be able to build something superior than current society. What you will realize that society is the way it is because it’s the best we are currently capable of.

For instance, not having laws will not make you city better, it will make it worse. You imagine you may be able to get away without having laws because everyone will be so conscious, but this will never happen.

In reality, what will happen is that shit will hit the fan and people will demand rules. And at a societal level, we just call those rules “laws”.

Don’t try to reinvent the wheel.

Contribute to the raising of consciousness and progress of society the best you can. But be careful with overly idealistic projects. They sound harmless enough, but I’ve seen people devote their entire lives to these projects and get nowhere.

In the end, they accomplish essentially nothing except that we learn it doesn’t work. Which we could technically say is still contributing to progress from a very broad POV, but in practice it’s still not a great idea.

Biodome 2.0 with drugs and no law.

What could possibly go wrong? Hehe :D

Sounds like a good reality TV show: The Real New Agers Of Biodome

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Biodome 2.0 with drugs and no law.

What could possibly go wrong? Hehe :D

Sounds like a good reality TV show: The Real New Agers Of Biodome

Trust me things will go wrong

21 minutes ago, aurum said:

I think your intention is in the right place. I think you want to improve society. But I’d strongly recommend you scrap this project, or at least change course dramatically.

You are not going to be able to build something superior than current society. What you will realize that society is the way it is because it’s the best we are currently capable of.

For instance, not having laws will not make you city better, it will make it worse. You imagine you may be able to get away without having laws because everyone will be so conscious, but this will never happen.

In reality, what will happen is that shit will hit the fan and people will demand rules. And at a societal level, we just call those rules “laws”.

Don’t try to reinvent the wheel.

Contribute to the raising of consciousness and progress of society the best you can. But be careful with overly idealistic projects. They sound harmless enough, but I’ve seen people devote their entire lives to these projects and get nowhere.

In the end, they accomplish essentially nothing except that we learn it doesn’t work. Which we could technically say is still contributing to progress from a very broad POV, but in practice it’s still not a great idea.

I had a dream about this. In the dream we were so conscious that death didn't matter, but we did appear to have things in place in case something went wrong.

Your thread combines in a very funny way with another thread about your girlfriend's dad :D

Edited by Hello from Russia

45 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

Your thread combines in a very funny way with another thread about your girlfriend's dad :D

Haha ? 

In the dream we were so conscious that death didn't matter

And just like a dream, it will not happen in real life.

You will all still very much care about death.

but we did appear to have things in place in case something went wrong.

You mean like laws and a criminal justice system? ;)

It's always good to study examples of other people who had stried this earlier and how it went.  I have two examples of people who had the same idea. First the autonomous hippy commune christiania in denmarks capital that needed rules and started as high concious egalitarian project with drugs. Ok partly the cause that it derailed so much is that it's a city inside a city.

The other one was quite remote in tolino. It was mostly a nice place and started out without rules but succumbed to crime and problems with the people living in the small town next to it. The owner of the property finally died of cancer but stated that he was burned out from the years of policing and leading it. 

I think additionally to what the others said one of reasons such a project couldn't work is that it's for most people it's hard to estimate other peoples level of consciousnes and level of developement and therefore you don't know who you actually will be letting in as well as the open heartedness of stage green which easily gets exploited from stage red individuals.