ardacigin

Why Masters Recommend 2 Hours of Formal Meditation in the Mornings?

13 posts in this topic

You might have a misconception like:

'I feel very relaxed and chill when I wake up. Why should I meditate formally? I can skip it and just try to meditate throughout the day here and there. Also, formal meditation bores me and actually makes me sleepy.'

Your mind is in a complex state of construction of dreams, worries, cravings, and suffering while you are sleeping. Not only you wake up in a state of drowsiness (most of the time) but in a severe lack of equanimity.

Your mind doesn't rest while sleeping. It is quite active and its effects are usually seen as slight fatigue, bodily tension and lack of alertness when you wake up. A key reason why people depend on caffeine to start their day and even then, it takes 1-2 hours to re-energize the mind.  (which is not dependable as your negative habits drain your energy again).

Strong meditation skills will allow you to clear up the egoic tension that arise in deep sleep, re-energize the mind properly and allow extremely high levels of equanimity, tranquility and pleasure to pervade your consciousness body and mind. 

The after-effects will last all day.

Don't wing spirituality. You'll never attain these stages of Samatha development like that.

Daily practice with deep introspection of how the mind works (vipassana) will allow such a life to be your default. Even when bad things 'objectively' happen to you in life. You'll have an unsurpassable mind equipped to handle almost anything when insight also deepens in this process.

Much love,

Edited by ardacigin

Honestly, why sleep at all when meditation does what sleeping does but faster?
Without the buildup of egoic tension?

Edited by tuku747

Sleep is almost as important as air. Don’t dismiss the importance of sleep. It’s fucking vital. 

On behalf of the forum, I thank you :)

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

6 hours ago, tuku747 said:

Honestly, why sleep at all when meditation does what sleeping does but faster?
Without the buildup of egoic tension?

Because sleep is essential for health. You shouldnt skip sleep for meditation and my post makes no such claim. But what you are unaware of is how much build up of tension and mind activity persists in even deep sleep. Thats why you need coffee to feel alert or reduce your morning fatigue.

Edited by ardacigin

You don't need coffee in any case.

And You don't need sleep either.

You Are God. You can just imagine yourself having tons of energy in any given moment, but You choose not to do so because You believe there is such a thing as physicality and biology and limitation, so You buy into that narrative and create Yourself sick when You don't sleep. But You can snap out of it any time You want. All You need is to change your honest-to-God beliefs.

Edited by tuku747

On 1/14/2023 at 0:59 AM, BlessedLion said:

Sleep is almost as important as air. Don’t dismiss the importance of sleep. It’s fucking vital. 

Ever heard of internal breathing? Or bretharianism? We don't have to live off of food; we are pure intelligent energy. We Are Gods. But You're not going to realize that until You step into it energetically, and if you do so temporarily, there's a chance the body will forget it. But God never forgets. You Are The Source of An Infinitely Intelligent Creative Energy called Love. I can give no further explanation but instead implore You to build faith in Your Own Divinity as God.

Edited by tuku747

5 hours ago, inFlow said:

@tuku747 Do you eat or sleep?

Of course! Why wouldn't I? At no point do I ever though feel "like I have to eat" or "sleep" because I don't have to. In fact the longer I go without those the easier it becomes. I have no explanation for this beyond my own ascension process into this realm in which such needs are imaginary.

Tuku you actually have a point but I think it’s only attainable at the highest levels of consciousness. Most of even the best practitioners need sleep. 

Everyone is non dual awakened god realized until you stick them on a cushion for 3 hours with just their thoughts 

The most silent time in the day and perfect for practice!

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

4 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

Tuku you actually have a point but I think it’s only attainable at the highest levels of consciousness. Most of even the best practitioners need sleep. 

You Are God. You don't need anything at all.

You Are The Highest mofo around! And You're getting Higher.

Edited by tuku747