Ya know

Why is coffee considered a bad habit in LP course?

5 posts in this topic

Because it is a drug that can make you dependent on it. I will paste my response to some other thread about coffee from the forum:

"
Anecdotally coffee was BY FAR the hardest drug to quit for me. Alcohol, cigarettes, modafinil, sugar - all of them were much easier to quit.

The commom myth is that it takes one week for withdrawal to be gone. Well, for some maybe, but for me it took 3 months to even start having moments of energy during a day. And social pressure and normalization makes it the hardest to quit also because the cult of being stimulated is everywhere. Your family, friends, coworkers - everyone uses it to get through the day to suck up the boring tasks.

It is so much i our culture that coffee shops place sign like "life starts after coffee".

Imagine such sign with any other drug.
"

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

I would say it varies depending on how your body reacts to it. People react differently. A lot of people aren't in tune with their body and easily get addicted to stuff, though. So keep caution. It was probably just a general word of advice.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

I think is mostly due to caffeine and the fact that in USA most coffee is consumed with dairy, sugar and artifical flavour. From my research there is a lot of evidance which proves that coffee by itself is actually healthy. You need to find the right amout and type of coffee for you. Otherwise you may end up depleted in magnesium, it can ruin your natural hormonal day cycle and prevent you from resting well. 

Don't drink coffee for 90 minutes after you wake up to prevent the energy dips. Test how many hour before going to bed you can consume coffee without it affecting your sleep. Don't drink more than 5 cups a day. When you get the jitters, drink less.

You can also try decaffinated coffee. 

I don’t drink coffee cuz it makes me feel wired

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"