Someone here

Meditation= unconditional happiness

17 posts in this topic

OK I'm almost spamming the forum with my posts..I promise this will be the last one for today ?..but I just noticed a decline in the quality of the posts on this subforum recently..so i thought why not elevate the quality a little bit .

So recently as I said many times I'm experiencing insane levels of happiness and satisfaction with my life .I shared some of the reasons already. So I don't want to repeat myself. But here I want to talk about my meditation habit .I meditate 1 hour everyday in the morning.  I just simply watch the blank space between thoughts. And that's it . That's all it takes to calm down your monkey mind chatter and relax and enjoy the present moment.  Because that's all there is to do in life . I mean imagine you have so much free time ..what the fuck are you gonna do with your life?  Yes you can try this and that ..but at the end of it all you will be back to baseline and bored. So all that is left is to just bask in being and chill out on nothing. 

When you feel your life is nothing but noise, you create some spaces in between so it becomes music. When you have been driving and driving, it is good to take a break and stretch your legs, to relax. To balance your incessant doing with some not-doing. It is like taking a rest on the beach, taking in the scene of the vast ocean rather than to always be fighting with the waves.

The best reason to meditate is to have no reason at all. Why do you need one? It is true that a beginner always needs to be convinced by the way of some reason. It may work in the beginning, but any reason is too narrow and your mind can come up with as many as it likes. But meditation is more like an adventure, it is more about getting used to facing the unexpectedness of life than having a specific reason to be on one.

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Thanks for sharing, good work, real results. meditation is essential if you want happiness, balance and depth. First, it shows you that happiness is in being, you don't need anything external. second, it educates you to curb your compulsive habits. we live in a compulsive environment that is a source of imbalance. and third, it makes you see yourself and love yourself. the first step to relax and begin to delve into true spirituality, to become infinite and realize what you are (for the latter, imo you need psychedelic)

8 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Thanks for sharing, good work, real results. meditation is essential if you want happiness, balance and depth. First, it shows you that happiness is in being, you don't need anything external. second, it educates you to curb your compulsive habits. we live in a compulsive environment that is a source of imbalance. and third, it makes you see yourself and love yourself. the first step to relax and begin to delve into true spirituality, to become infinite and realize what you are (for the latter, imo you need psychedelic)

Well said as usual brother ?. 

. I think that learning how to self-reflect or meditate is as important as primary education. Unfortunately, many of us are thrown into this world without the basic tools to leverage the mind-body connection. This may cause anxiety, depression and chronic diseases.but hey  It’s never too late…

-Osho

9 hours ago, Someone here said:

.I meditate 1 hour everyday in the morning.  I just simply watch the blank space between thoughts. And that's it . That's all it takes to calm down your monkey mind chatter and relax and enjoy the present moment.  Because that's all there is to do in life . I mean imagine you have so much free time ..what the fuck are you gonna do with your life?  Yes you can try this and that ..but at the end of it all you will be back to baseline and bored. So all that is left is to just bask in being and chill out on nothing. 

If I had all the free time and could do whatever I want, I'd dare fly an airplane, drive a motorcycle, drive a car, go into nature, have amazing love making, eat amazing food, run, run and run, swim, dive, and yes, meditate but as a result of freedom and of doing all the prior activities which are like more important on the hierarchy of needs. Meditating for average people doesn't work when their life is so cinstrained and somehow suffocating and unfulfilling or even in danger.

14 hours ago, at_anchor said:

If I had all the free time and could do whatever I want, I'd dare fly an airplane, drive a motorcycle, drive a car, go into nature, have amazing love making, eat amazing food, run, run and run, swim, dive, and yes, meditate but as a result of freedom and of doing all the prior activities which are like more important on the hierarchy of needs. Meditating for average people doesn't work when their life is so cinstrained and somehow suffocating and unfulfilling or even in danger.

Will  you try drugs as well?  The whole point is that no  matter what you do you are not gonna  find true fulfilment and happiness in life by chasing after external things . Sure go have sex and do cocaine all you want.. and notice how empty and useless everything you do is .

Meditation is the way ?. 

-Osho

If you want to be Happy, Happiness should come within you. So meditation helps to exaggerate that happiness, so you could be the happiest person on the planet.

Put it this way, when you don't know happiness is an internal thing, you do a lot of other things to get satisfied. So if you spend some time with meditation, you could develop that Happiness within at no cost. So when you learn and know how to be Happy you don't need that extra work.

Then again if you are Happy, you become Healthy. What more do you want? You can enjoy your Life.

-Osho

On 26/12/2022 at 10:52 AM, Someone here said:

Will  you try drugs as well?  The whole point is that no  matter what you do you are not gonna  find true fulfilment and happiness in life by chasing after external things .

I try to stay healthy and alive, so no, I think I wouldn't take drugs. The problem with chasing internal instead of external fukfillment is that some things are just so fundamental that when you take them away you end up like Alan Turing. 

On 26/12/2022 at 11:40 AM, Someone here said:

Then again if you are Happy, you become Healthy. What more do you want? You can enjoy your Life.

I'm all for happiness and health, but not as an end in themselves, but rather as a means to an end :P :))

On 27/12/2022 at 6:29 PM, at_anchor said:

I'm all for happiness and health, but not as an end in themselves, but rather as a means to an end  :)

Happiness is ALL you care about .

-Osho

Good work, but I'm sure losing your virginity to such a cool girl that afterwards fucked you in the ass contributed to to that afterflowing lasting happiness you talk about.

On 31/12/2022 at 9:17 PM, Javfly33 said:

Good work, but I'm sure losing your virginity to such a cool girl that afterwards fucked you in the ass contributed to to that afterflowing lasting happiness you talk about.

Of course it did play a huge role . I would say if you are not having sex then you are not even alive . You are missing out on 50% of what life can offer to you .incredible degrees of happiness and fulfilment man.  It will turn your ife upside down. Downside up .

-Osho

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

Of course it did play a huge role . I would say if you are not having sex then you are not even alive . You are missing out on 50% of what life can offer to you .incredible degrees of happiness and fulfilment man.  It will turn your ife upside down. Downside up .

damn ok thanks for making me feel bad now lmao

@Javfly33 what prevents you from having sex ?

-Osho

On 2/1/2023 at 0:00 PM, Someone here said:

@Javfly33 what prevents you from having sex ?

nothing as far as im concerned

14 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

nothing as far as im concerned

Then why are you not having it? (If it's not too personal for you to answer).

-Osho

The happiest man in the world according to science tells us that the second most important thing for happiness is meditation. The first one is always not thinking about yourself

Edited by An young being

17 minutes ago, An young being said:

The happiest man in the world according to science tells us that the second most important thing for happiness is meditation. The first one is always not thinking about yourself

Who is the happiest man in the world ??

I claim that meditation is the very first thing you gotta do to get out of depression and  sadness and anxiety.  I cured my anxiety using a simple meditation technique (watching  the space between thoughts) and since then I'm preaching about it on the forums . 

The reason it works is because when you are caught up in anxiety you're overthinking about the past and the future. And meditation blocks your thoughts from racing into the past and the future and makes you grounded in the present moment.  

-Osho

Matthieu Ricard, a French writer, residing in Nepal as a Buddhist monk. He was involved in a study of gamma waves in the brain and was found that his brain was the 'happiest' ever reported in scientific literature. But he never likes to be called as such.