Jaccobtw

How important is connection?

7 posts in this topic

There's this spiritual teacher, Teal Swan, who deeply emphasizes the importance of connection and relationships with others. I'm extremely introverted but I feel like my life has suffered due to a lack of connection. She even claims that if you want success its important to have close friends and relationships. How do you guys feel about this? Was having connection/socializing with other a key component to your worldly success? 

Connection is your essence. When you are so deeply connected to yourself, you can’t help but connect even closer to others. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

A great way to begin to explore this is to begin connecting with others! And have fun doing it! Feel the excitement of butterflies when you talk to people or talk to a girl if you are attracted to women or other way if not. I'm introverted too, but have been able put myself out there enough to know this is a very rich part of life. 

Take a few steps and then see how you feel, and then go further. Write down some socialization goals and check them off. make it fun. 

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

if you have a yearning to go out and meet others do so and do it as much as your heart lets you. Be aware when you connect with people there is also some emeshment involved which can cause alot of problems also. Being comfortable being alone is an important skill to learn also on the spritual path. The awnser, get good at both. 

Edited by Globalcollective

On 12/20/2022 at 11:08 AM, Jaccobtw said:

@Yimpa How do you connect more to yourself

I’ve recently been diving into self-compassion work. Look up Kristin Neff, she’s done great research into it.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

I think it’s important… connection is love. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"