John

Going With The Flow

6 posts in this topic

When I got back from my first retreat, the first few weeks were quite peaceful.

There was an ease to my days. Even when I found myself going onto facebook and scrolling through the newsfeed, there was no punishing voice. I wasn't enlightened but I was OK with that.

And now slowly but surely that punishing voice has returned. "You're scrolling through the newsfeed, how unconscious", "If I am not enlightened, then all I experience is the idea of the present moment, not the present moment itself".

My thoughts have been steadily increasing in their volume and menace and my whole world is shaking.

Shinzen Young says there is a taste to purification. That as all of your unconsciousness comes up to the surface, you face it and thus purify it and that this can actually be a good thing, not something to be feared. But I have no palate for this.

It all feels awful and unnerving. 

Does anyone have any advice here?

Cheers,

John

The Delphic Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone of all the Greeks know that I know nothing.

-Socrates

Namaste! My advice is let's do it together. Oooooommmmmmmm. Deep breathe now. No thought can hurt you now. Let it all come out and be as aware of it as possible. All fears, all insecurities.. Why are you afraid?

Look at them and LAUGH them out of existence. :D It's all a dream, at least dream it lucidly :D! Especially if it's a nightmare, that way you see it aint even a nightmare!!!!

Edited by Dodoster

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

That's why we are told to meditate so we don't lose ourselves again.

B R E A T H E

Going with the flow phrase had me thinking.. Routine kills.

B R E A T H E

I cut all social media, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, twitter and I feel so good, in the beginning I was feeling an alien because everybody talks about it all the time, but now I feel fucking amazing.

I know your question wasn't exactly about that but when I read Facebook I thought about planting the seed in your mind, it's something that changed my life A LOT, I'm spending more time practicing meditation and self inquiry, unbelievable, I wouldn't say I'm not going with the flow, it's more like I'm the flow itself xD

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw