David1

Cold Shower Therapy

43 posts in this topic

I have been taking cold showers every day for over six months.

It's simply amazing.

On the odd occasion where I am forced to have a warm shower at a house where the shower cannot be made completely cold, the difference is astonishing. It is like a cloud of mental fog comes over me. I also get 'hypnotised' by the warmth and stand there like a zombie in the 'lovely' warmth. I say 'lovely' because people LOVE their warm showers. But believe me, after a few months of cold you will never want to go back!

Cold showers just cut through morning tiredness or a low consciousness mood - instantly you're sharp and alert. I sometimes feel the same sort of satisfaction and content as after a long strong determination sit.

However, I am now approaching the coldest months. How will my new habit stand the test of winter, with water that has been waiting out there in the FREEZING cold all night? My cold showers are becoming quite shocking recently: my nice cooling experiences in the summer were not quite adequate preparation.

Edit: It's been a long time that I've been cold showering, but I remember it was very hard for the first few weeks. The first milestone I noticed was after a week or two I could actually sing in the cold shower. Only for brief moments before tensing up with resistance again. These days I can sing the whole way through.

Edited by oysterman

I got into cold showers during my stay in Turkey where the hotel shower would only have freezing cold water in the mornings.

At first cold showers are very uncomfortable.

Icy liquid splashing over your bed-warm body. Yikes.

Then again, it's the perfect experience if you want to mimic the emotional feeling of leaving your comfort zone. If you don't get a similar discomfort doing something then you're still in your comfort zone!

After a while, cold showers have become a norm for me and they've done the following:

• Shorter showers - You don't waste time overindulging as with hot showers
  • Alertness - this is a great way to shock you awake from a nights sleep
  • Satisfaction - there's this deep sense of feeling good after a cold shower, I can't say I know why
  • Save £/$ - No heat, less energy = less money!
  • Health benefits - @AleksM pointed these out pretty well
On 11/07/2016 at 6:10 PM, AleksM said:

COLDSHOWER_Benefits.png

In other words, cold showers are pretty radB|