Danioover9000

How do I convert strange skills into money.

15 posts in this topic

For starters, let me share an example of what I mean with strange skills, or unique skills if your more comfortable using this wording:

Now, I have a few strange and unique skills unique to me, and a few more I've spent some energy and time doing every day, so how do I convert that into money, work and career?

Make lots of Youtube videos related to the skill you're good at until the channel reaches monetization status.

Edited by Brent Rothwell

On 09/12/2022 at 10:20 PM, Danioover9000 said:

Now, I have a few strange and unique skills unique to me, and a few more I've spent some energy and time doing every day, so how do I convert that into money, work and career?

Figure out how to use those skills to make people:

• become healthier (physically or mentally)
  • become wealthier
  • improve their relationships
  • raise their status within their bubble/community
  • entertained
  • Feel more safe or certain (think church and clairvoyants)
  • or any of the above for their dog or child

If you can't, you're not going to make money.

But you probably can link it to one of those things, if you think creatively.

It doesn't have to be guaranteed.

People will also pay for something that could give them such a result. Lottery tickets, dating apps, dog psychiatry.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

Try TikTok :) easier to go viral there than anywhere else, from what I've seen. Show off your skills in intriguing ways, build followers, start getting deals to promote products of brands, and off it goes.

@Danioover9000

On 2022-12-09 at 9:20 PM, Danioover9000 said:

For starters, let me share an example of what I mean with strange skills, or unique skills if your more comfortable using this wording:

To add more detail to this, I still have an LP or mission/vision statement that's here:

generalized purpose: Understanding life, to be a creator and contribute to the world.

Specialized purpose: To be a graphics designer, illustrator, architecture, writer/comic creator, and indie dev for maybe visual novel games.

Domain of mastery: drawing characters and environments in many perspectives, using mostly pencils/pens.

top 10 values: Competency, understanding, consciousness, creativity, independence, uniqueness, excellence, health, beauty, enlightenment, spirit.

5 feelings a day: serenity, happiness, excitement, optimism, pride, confidence, creativity.

my top strengths: Appreciation of beauty and excellence, curiosity, love, gratitude, hope, kindness.

Zone of genius(work in progress): Imagination, visualization, 3d thinking, video game thinking, chess, writing and constructing stories, drawing, rapping and freestyle rapping.

My role modals: Leonardo Da Vinci, Nikola Tesla, Bruce Lee.

My goals list is long, so I won't include them here.

Here are a few questions:

Should I revisit and modify my life vision, my mission statement? I'm feeling less aligned with some of the values and slightly less of the emotions I want to feel.

Should I keep brainstorming to go outside my niches? Or do I hyper specialize into a broader niche, or hyper specialize into a well established niche? For example, the Fatal Frame game's creator wanted the scariest game possible, so he used parts of his personal life, of seeing ghosts as they appear to him, and in a time with fixed camera angles in console games, he decided to use the concept of a camera, to change from 3rd person fixed angles to 1st person shooter, through the camera, to take a exorcising picture of ghosts. The game design resulted in an actually scary and suspenseful feeling of horror for gamers, because they don't have enough film reels to reload the camera, so they have to observe and wait and time a 'fatal frame' to use combos against ghosts for max damage, but sometimes it's hard to get the timing and fucking hell the ghost designs are creepy and scary!

Should I go the similar route of Andrew Tate, and hustle my life purpose into manifestation? 

@Brent Rothwell

On 2022-12-11 at 3:00 PM, Brent Rothwell said:

Make lots of Youtube videos related to the skill you're good at until the channel reaches monetization status.

How long does that roughly take? 3 years?

Should it be short or long videos at first?

22 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Brent Rothwell

How long does that roughly take? 3 years?

Should it be short or long videos at first?

That's hard to say. Maybe start following some channels that talk about how to do a YouTube channel :) . TikTok might also be a good idea, as it's newer, so less competition. 

@flowboy

On 2022-12-13 at 9:14 PM, flowboy said:

Figure out how to use those skills to make people:

• become wealthier
  • entertained

If you can't, you're not going to make money.

But you probably can link it to one of those things, if you think creatively.

It doesn't have to be guaranteed.

People will also pay for something that could give them such a result. Lottery tickets, dating apps, dog psychiatry.

First off, thank you for giving me some suggestions. Just a few questions:

Linking some of them creatively? Like, If I was a game dev or a coder for a few years coding character and environments, lost some passion and decided to change careers to a musician and quit job. After a few more years, musician career was a dead end and I quit because of toxic people, so I change to another career, file making. Less than a year I underestimate the challenges and responsibility, I'm laid off because boss was a dick, so I decide to go indie and start my own visual novels. So, when you say to link those creatively, you mean I can link my experiences as a coding guy, a musician, and film maker, and synthesize these skills together in some way, that I can make a new and strange visual novel? This is hypothetical BTW.

@Rob06

2 hours ago, Rob06 said:

That's hard to say. Maybe start following some channels that talk about how to do a YouTube channel :) . TikTok might also be a good idea, as it's newer, so less competition. 

I see, similar to Andrew Tate?

9 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@flowboy

First off, thank you for giving me some suggestions. Just a few questions:

Linking some of them creatively? Like, If I was a game dev or a coder for a few years coding character and environments, lost some passion and decided to change careers to a musician and quit job. After a few more years, musician career was a dead end and I quit because of toxic people, so I change to another career, file making. Less than a year I underestimate the challenges and responsibility, I'm laid off because boss was a dick, so I decide to go indie and start my own visual novels. So, when you say to link those creatively, you mean I can link my experiences as a coding guy, a musician, and film maker, and synthesize these skills together in some way, that I can make a new and strange visual novel? This is hypothetical BTW.

No, that's not what I said. I said link it to one (1) of those points I named above, creatively.

Doesn't matter how many of your experiences you link, I mean that's good for you because you can express more of yourself, but as long as it's not linked to something THEY care about, which is:

• become wealthier
  • entertained

they ain't gonna pay you.

Or click you.

Or follow you.

So yeah combine any of those with something you know, and you've got something.

If you use your tulpamancy skills to somehow help people fix their relationships/know their future (certainty), you'll make money.

If you make your own video game and it's pure entertainment, you can make money but it better be really fucking entertaining. Just creating it as an art project won't sell a lot of games.

Or you can make a video game that helps people be happier / navigate their mental health better / something

Or you can make music to improve people's physical health (think sound healing). Or mental health. Or the music has to be really fucking entertaining to them. Or to their dog. People will spend their hard earned cash on music to calm their dog.

There's gotta be something in it for THEM, see? ;)

See what I mean by linking creatively?

It's just drawing lines between what you can do and some needs from Maslow's hierarchy, and filling in the blanks.

Edited by flowboy

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

11 hours ago, Rob06 said:

I see, similar to Andrew Tate?

Guys Tate is not successful because he's on TikTok, he's successful because he makes guys think that he will help them:

• get women
  • raise their status
  • get rich

Of course none of which he actually does, but that's why people follow and buy his crap. Not because of the fucking platform he uses :P

Edited by flowboy

@Brent Rothwell

On 2022-12-11 at 3:00 PM, Brent Rothwell said:

Could you give me a few examples? And roughly how long until my Channel gets monetization?

@flowboy

3 hours ago, flowboy said:

Guys Tate is not successful because he's on TikTok, he's successful because he makes guys think that he will help them:

• get women
  • raise their status
  • get rich

Of course none of which he actually does, but that's why people follow and buy his crap. Not because of the fucking platform he uses :P

So, it's all about the marketing?

In one example from his course, he talked a lot about money in way more than money out, about that if you're freelancing some business, for example makeup products, you have to be willing to lie a bit if you don't have their product ready yet, or something like that. Basically be willing to bend lie for delays just in case.

I don't follow Andrew Tate because of the get women, raise statues, or get rich quickly, I follow him loosely because of his work ethic and ambitious drive, both of which I lack in myself.

Unlike @Leo Gura, who seems to advocate for investing in AI technology early, after seeing a few videos on OpenAI's chat robot, stabledeffusion and myjourney A.I image generators, I won't capitalize on those A.I techs as aggressively. I will when I'm almost retirement age and my hands can't have the dexterity to code or the stability to draw, which then I delegate to the A.I, so until then it's 20 years of work ethic and training. 20 years of seing my fellow peers and almost dead seniors develop ADD and narcissism.

I may be a conservative mule, but I will trudge onwards with the struggle for mastery. I will not let tinmen take away my LP yet, which I still am not clear on, but never the less I will continue. 

@Danioover9000

7 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

So, it's all about the marketing?

No, it's about basic empathy and understanding for other human beings.

Almost everyone, including you, has some core desires or needs that they are trying to meet, which I listed above.

For example, you are currently looking to fulfill a desire for more wealth, which is one of them.

If what you do doesn't help them towards one of those core desires, they have no time or money for your product or service.

If they have no time or money for your product or service, then you won't make money.

Almost everyone, including you, is too busy or tired or scared to care about what you have to offer, unless it helps them away from a pain that is relevant to them, towards pleasure, in a way that they can believe.

Edited by flowboy

48 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

I don't follow Andrew Tate because of the get women, raise statues, or get rich quickly, I follow him loosely because of his work ethic and ambitious drive, both of which I lack in myself.

... which you want because of your core desire for more wealth or possibly more sex.

Or it could be related to the 'esteem' desire from Maslow's pyramid, but that falls under "raising your status in your relative bubble"

In other words, if you had work ethic and ambitious drive, then you would be more proud of yourself or your friends would see you as more cool.

Or it's about money or sex.

Other desires don't matter because most people are in survival mode.

You may have a desire for art and beauty, but are you going to buy that 1200$ painting?

No, because having more wealth is an unfulfilled core desire that is more important at the moment.

(unless having that painting in your house makes you look cool in front of your friends, depending on how unfulfilled your esteem needs are currently, you might still buy it)

It works the same for others.

To make money, you have to think about your followers/customers/clients/fans' lives and needs.

For example, if you were a music artist selling merchandise, you are helping them 1. be entertained, and 2. look cool with the t-shirt in their circle of friends (status)

Or you wouldn't sell.

You could say most music also fulfills a mental health need, as the songs are about relatable emotions and it helps to process your own.

More examples:

If you can draw things, then you could:

- draw things for clients that need to have things drawn so that they can make money, for example game companies ($$)

- draw portraits for people at childrens' parties, for entertainment ($)
- draw portraits for people who can hang it up at their place and raise their status with it ($$$$), but you'll only make that work when you yourself have reputation and status

- teach drawing ($) at a school/art class, you can make it work but it's not a goldmine because it's very indirectly related to a core desire of the decisionmaker

- teach drawing online for people who are hoping to become an artist and get their wealth needs met (commoditized, not lucrative unless you have status and reputation)

- teach people how to draw AND make a good income from it ($$$$), more directly related to the wealth desire, will only work if you actually know how to and can make people believe it

- draw children's books to entertain them ($$)

- draw children's books to aid their mental health development ($$$$), parents love to overspend on their child's health and status

- draw things that promises to raise people's vibration (mental health need), Teal Swan pulls that off but she has status and reputation, which makes the value more believable.

Etc.

I would invite you to cross-reference all your skills in a table with the core desires, and come up with 5 ideas per cell.

Like this:

Untitled.png

forgot the "increase wealth" one btw.

Edited by flowboy