Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob Seeker

Why is acting on your passion emotionally taxing?

7 posts in this topic

I have read "The War of Art" and I experience first hand the resistance to acting on my passion.

But why is there so much resistance? Why is it so painful to keep going?

Is there a spiritual reason for it? A Psychological one?

Like what is actually the cause of it being more difficult than ordinary work?

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

Any journey with integrity is going to encounter resistance. Especially if it is threatening to the ego. The closer you come to selflessness, which ironically is Self-fulness, the more obstacles the ego throws at you to sustain the illusion of its relevance. Take the resistance as a positive sign that you are on the right path. The downward road is easy, but it takes courage and clarity to climb to the summit.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Thanks.

So you think it is more or less the ego being forced to give up selfishness? To see beyond itself to a larger vision of the real You?

This would make sense I suppose. It really does feel like a spiritual practice in a way.

I wonder if the resistance will keep increasing from here.

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

It fits the pattern I have seen in my own life, where the closer you come to actualizing your purpose, the more desperately the ego fights to preserve its delusional existence. Take the resistance as a compliment 9_9 Self-realization is more judo than karate. Rather than fighting the ego on its turf, presently observe it and it will collapse from its frenetic struggle for relevance.

Ultimately, Consciousness is calling the shots. The closer you come to self-dissolution, the greater the resistance will be, until it finally dissolves and there is only being.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

For the same reason that training for the Olympics is difficult.

It's hard to be consistently at your best.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 hours ago, Moksha said:

Any journey with integrity is going to encounter resistance. Especially if it is threatening to the ego. The closer you come to selflessness, which ironically is Self-fulness, the more obstacles the ego throws at you to sustain the illusion of its relevance. Take the resistance as a positive sign that you are on the right path. The downward road is easy, but it takes courage and clarity to climb to the summit.

Brother is throwing truth bombs out here.

Self-development is climbing Jacob's ladder. It is easier to descend to hell than climb to the heavens.

ma-114802-WEB.jpg?gwO069WBmhtcvNK2Q5uvWe

In Tate we trust