Lorence

Time Of Meditating.

11 posts in this topic

When do you think is the best time of the day to meditate?

Personally most of the times, I do it late in the  afternoon, so I can release the stress of the day goes away, but also because no one will probably disturb me. (phones, parents)

I usually do mine just before I go to bed. I'm not sure this is the best time as sometimes I'm quite tired and that makes it quite difficult. 

I guess the best time would be when you're most awake, alert and aware of things going on - whatever time that is. 

I’ve been meditation for 1 ½ years in the morning shortly after waking up. I’m currently looking into meditating on other parts of the day, such as after work when I get home or before bed. I figure that meditating after work will boost my level of consciousness in the evening, while meditating before bed will improve my sleeping quality.

So when do you schedule your meditation and with what purpose and experienced outcome?

Morning is ideal because it affects how you act throughout the day. Night is worst because you will run out of time or be so tired some days that you will skip.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Morning is ideal because it affects how you act throughout the day.

I agree and that’s one aspect that makes me prefer to do it in the morning. It’s also comforting that I will not have an entire day to find naïve excuses. It’s like my rock that grounds me. However, I only find that the noticeable effects last for about 3-4 hours. I’m not sure if extending the duration in the morning or meditating around this point is the best path.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Night is worst because you will run out of time or be so tired some days that you will skip.

Your logic sounds true, but I could imagine that it depends on the duration. If a short meditation promotes a faster sleep onset, then it could be worth pursueing it. I figure the meditation type would be one aimed at increasing awareness of bodily sensations or other strong sensations.

Also, the skipping part does not concern me that much – I’m certain that if it delivers the desired results, then the will to pursue it will come automatically. Is this something you have tried out for yourself, or is it a belief?

Morning to set the day and late afternoon because I find that I'm not too tired. Sometimes I can find meditation right before bed overstimulating and I have trouble getting to sleep. 

In my case I do it every morning after I wake up. Every morning from around 06:00 and for 20 min. This way I am prepared for long day. And after hard working day I am trying to do it in a train, but this makes me most of the time asleep. My next challenge is to increase it to 30 min. 

Edited by Farkhod

What I would advise is to meditate first thing in the morning, when the mind is not yet attached to all external things going on around you. :) A great habit to develop is,when you wake up, do not open your eyes, do not move at all and enter directly in meditation. This can bring you in deep states of awareness. To induce this, you need to tell yourself before sleeping "when I will wake up, I will not move, not open my eyes, and meditate" it is easier to develop this habit than we think:) hope that helps :)

i medittate from a year and I now do it for 1h; I don't have a precise point int the day where I meditate. Usually I do it in the evneing, like a this period I have exams so I study all the morning, until 5:00 then I meditate and then I try to study 2 h again (hardcore ahah). So actually I use meditation as a pause, as a tool that I can use when I'm tired; but in any case I do it ev day. 

i feel that If i do it in the morning I'm tired, like I'm in a sleepy state and so it's weird... Don't know. 

However I'm working in my morning routine so I think I'm going to meditate ev day sooner: I will post here in 1-2 week how I feel about my new schedule :) 

I've been meditating on a night time just before bed.although I can still really focus and still have insights I find by morning they have all seemed to go.like I forgot them all in my sleep..I've tried twice first thing in a morning and it seems that it is so much easier to carry through the day what you have got to in meditation..one question I'm still not sure in though I'd eyes open or closed 

Whenever you get it done. Whenever it serves you best. Experiment around. Who knows your experience better than you anyway? It's like asking: "What kind of music should I listen to?"