alyra

Infinity Question

31 posts in this topic

would there be infinity if there was no existence?

If there was no existence, there wouldn't be anyone to ask the question in the first place. 

So, no, IMO. 

Also, since infinity is just a word for existence. 

And might I just add, it doesn't matter anyway, but this is the philosophy thread so why not, right? :P

Edited by Trond

Memento Mori 

Flow With Life
https://trondsworld.com

Infinate one. Bob Marley to be cliche "One love"  infinite being. yes 

Our existence has got nothing to do with the existence of reality. Was the earth non-existent when we didn't exist on it ? Did the dinosaurs never exist ? It's only a matter of perception. We perceive reality through our sensory world but it does not change the nature of things in their original realm. So going by the above logic, infinity does exist irrespective of our existence. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

1 hour ago, aryberry said:

Infinity Question

May require an infinite answer...

Oh, my bad - I read that as "Infinite Question"  :$

Edited by jse
edit: not paying attention

1 minute ago, jse said:

May require an infinite answer...

Oh, my bad - I read that as "Infinite Question"  :$

xD but it's true tho! we could answer any question infinitely.  

On 2/21/2017 at 8:52 PM, Loreena said:

Our existence has got nothing to do with the existence of reality. Was the earth non-existent when we didn't exist on it ? Did the dinosaurs never exist ? It's only a matter of perception. We perceive reality through our sensory world but it does not change the nature of things in their original realm. So going by the above logic, infinity does exist irrespective of our existence. 

This is not a science based statement. Your existence has everything to do with reality. I'm not saying this to point out that you're wrong, but to point out an opportunity for expansion. You have a beautiful opportunity to move your world view of reality from what you think is mystical to what has been proven for over a hundred years to be science.  Einstein has a famous quote about this, saying God does not play dice with the universe (he suggested reality can be perfectly determined if you have enough info, and that there ultimately is no free will). He was proven wrong when it was discovered that all of the deterministic reality he referred to is actually made of a substance that is directly effected by your observing of it - you are an inseparable part of it. 

I sure hope this lands with you, because reality is magical. Everything is a living breathing miracle. Everything you can see, hear, touch, etc, EVERYTHING around you right now, is literally super intelligence. It's pure magic. It's a substance that IS everything, but for YOU, it is something specific.

Reading up on current progress with quantum processors or the observer effect are helpful to understanding just how magical EVERYTHING is. :)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm  Your existence has everything to do with reality. True. infinity does exist and is purely magical. :)

6 minutes ago, Loreena said:

@Nahm  Your existence has everything to do with reality. True. infinity does exist and is purely magical. :)

Does this change your understanding of death?

@Nahm I consider death as a peaceful way of entering the after-life. I don't take it as something negative. I feel it's a part of a journey that will go on.

@Nahm Haha..xDxDxDxD   ...When I will come back from the afterlife I will answer that one for you.

3349894-arnold-schwarzenegger-terminator

So, no concept of death at all then? (You're reference was to something you have no information about)

Realiy does not exist without you observing it. (Verify this for yourself with scientific research) 

Does this reveal anything to you about death?

meowww   Where you at :/

@Nahm Either you don't really die since you just change your form. Death in a physical way is just change. Your part of the potential infinity. 

// or as everything only exists in your perception, your lifetime x equals Cantors Omega, which is the variable for the actual infinity, not the potential which is important in this case. So your time is just relative to potential infinity but not to the actual infinity which it would equal. But only if it's really true that everything only exists as long you can perceive it. 

In both cases death is nothing to be feared. In the second it doesn't even exist. 

@Flare Thank you so much. You are awesome.