Hibahere

Is AI conscious?

70 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Things are not conscious.

Humans are not conscious.

YOU are conscious.

YOU are not a thing and YOU are not a human.

This.

6 hours ago, Something Funny said:

@Leo Gura are you not worried that by just giving people answers like that you will turn your teachings into a belief system? Kind of like Christianity where most of your followers will be able to parrot such ideas as "I am God", or "God is absolute love", etc.  without having any direct experience of it?

What he said is self-evident.  Of course noone should "believe".  If you feel your only choices are to believe for or against, then you don't yet understand what is being said.

Noone "believes" in math, they just understand it or they don't.  No need for faith here.

Edited by thisintegrated

20 hours ago, Something Funny said:

@Leo Gura are you not worried that by just giving people answers like that you will turn your teachings into a belief system? Kind of like Christianity where most of your followers will be able to parrot such ideas as "I am God", or "God is absolute love", etc.  without having any direct experience of it?

I teach advanced things and I expect you to handle that.

If you are parroting things I say without direct experience of them, then what have you really learned from me?

I have issued all the warnings in the world and explained all the traps in detail. Now it's your job not to fall into the traps.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

Noone "believes" in math, they just understand it or they don't.  No need for faith here.

No, absolutely not. Math is based on assumptions (aka faith). Without them, there's no math nor an understanding of it.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

22 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

No, absolutely not. Math is based on assumptions (aka faith). Without them, there's no math nor an understanding of it.

He is going to talk about MBTI in 3, 2, 1...

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

He is going to talk about MBTI in 3, 2, 1...

Right, cuz I'm INFP and my comment is Fi.

1 minute ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Right, cuz I'm INFP and my comment is Fi.

:D

5 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

So for example when I tell someone that I am into spirituality and they ask me what is spirituality, I don't know what to say cause I don't want to just reapeat Leo's words. And it makes me look kind of like ana imposter.

I have an implicit rule for myself to only speak about spirituality when asked directly about it. If you do it that way, it'll most often be something which is easy to talk about. No need to preach something which sounds cool.

39 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

@Carl-Richard yeah, I don't preach to anyone. But for example I went to a psychotherapist last week. And she asked me about my hobbies and what I like doing. I told her that I am into personal development and spirituality. She asked me what is spirituality and I didn't know how to respond to her.

The answer doesn't have to be definitive. You can say that it's an area that you relate to and find interesting and have been spending some time lately on discovering. This way, you will remain truthful and you won't provide false information or appear delusional or brainwashed by a cult. In fact, you will likely appear very mature and aware to most people unless they're incredibly dogmatic and closed-minded.

9 hours ago, Something Funny said:

Yeah, I agree. I guess what I meant is let's  say I am talking to someone and we start talking about god, ans spirituality,  and so on. I often times feel like I should just shut up and say I don't know because alal those fancy ideas that I have are not mine. Yeah, they might feel intuitively correct like @thisintegrated said, but they are still not mine. I didn't come up with them and I didn't have direct experience of them. 

So for example when I tell someone that I am into spirituality and they ask me what is spirituality, I don't know what to say cause I don't want to just reapeat Leo's words. And it makes me look kind of like ana imposter.

You shouldn't preach things to others that you have no direct experience with. However, you can explain some spiritual theory to someone, but then say, "I'm still working to validate this in my experience."

The reality is that 99% of science people talk about is never validated by them. At least you are making an effort to validate spiritual truths.

The journey to Truth must begin with theory. This is not a mistake. Just don't stop at theory.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.