Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
axiom

Transcending all spirituality

6 posts in this topic

In the end, spirituality is seen as the biggest and somehow silliest game of them all.

When I look back upon my own life of earnestly seeking, these days I can see what a complete waste of time it was. Not in some regretful sense, but in a cosmic joke sense. It is genuinely funny.

It all feels so important and worthwhile while it is there, but in “awakening” you find that all the satisfaction and wholeness you could ever wish for lies in simply enjoying any given activity that arises - whether it’s watching clouds, planning a holiday, going for a walk or eating your favourite takeaway pizza.

The need to know disappears totally and unavoidably.

For “me”, the insatiable thirst for understanding what this is - the false expectation that some ultimate reality lies somehow hidden behind, beneath or beyond it - is seen as a grand, self-perpetuating psychological hoax.

I guess I consider that to be the yardstick. All the rest is theatre, which admittedly is sometimes very entertaining.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

Seeking is the only way to become enlightened. Whether you are meditating or taking psychedelics, you are seeking. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@axiom It is enough for me to realize that the body is temporary. My mind 24/7 (apart from deep sleep) creates various projections about reality to meet the expectations of the transient character I am playing here. I have no idea what will happen next when I leave this body or even what will happen in an hour. Do I need to know? Not anymore. What happened - happened, what is - this is, what will be - it will be. I am much less afraid than I used to be, I accept more of what is, and life is more straightforward. I learn not to judge people and events, but mostly myself - which is the most difficult. More and more often, I sincerely wish more and more people all the best to make their dreams come true. Am I following the right path - I don't know, but does it really matter? Are there any wrong paths?

2 hours ago, Kuba Powiertowski said:

I have no idea what will happen next when I leave this body or even what will happen in an hour. Do I need to know? Not anymore. 

@Kuba Powiertowski this is honestly one of the greatest things I've realized. The ability of being okay with not knowing and letting go of attachment. The next step for me after this has been seeking inner peace. Once you see how you're just playing a character, a massive weight lifts off your shoulders. Just focus on loving yourself and everything around you, and trust that peace will arise from that.

7 hours ago, axiom said:

When I look back upon my own life of earnestly seeking, these days I can see what a complete waste of time it was

Of course, searching doesn't make any sense. spirituality is to eliminate. there is nothing to look for or find, there is mud to get rid of