Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sgn

Trouble With Motivation

11 posts in this topic

Having trouble to motivate myself to do personal development. It's like I have to reach rock bottom to get motivation to change. Once it feels a bit better I get comfortable again and slacking off. Need advice :)

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

Thanks

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

What you are describing here is the yo-yo effect resulting from negative motivation. You hit rock bottom --> want to change --> then when the change happens you loose motivation because the problem has been solved. 

I'd say you should stop relying on motivation as your only tool -- especially negative motivation. What you need more in my opinion is proper habits. Habits once established do not require that much motivation to keep up and that is why habits are so powerful. You just want to have a basic level of motivation -- positive and or negative -- to insert the habits until they start functioning automatically. 

3 minutes ago, Christian said:

Habits once established do not require that much motivation to keep up and that is why habits are so powerful. You just want to have a basic level of motivation -- positive and or negative -- to insert the habits until they start functioning automatically. 

Yea basically. We all have a limited amount of will power. Use it wisely i guess. @sgn

Real eyes, realize, real lies.

You need discipline not motivation.

Act yourself into right thinking.

Don't try to think yourself into right action.

nothing is anything

@sgn Throw yourself into uncertainty. The problem is that you don't realize how fucking unhappy you are right now, because you have never tasted a purified state of your body and mind. Let me tell you. YOUR STATE RIGHT NOW FUCKING BLOWS COMPARED TO WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO FEEL AND FUNCTION LIKE!
Remember that. Remember that as long as you are not radiating with love and abundance and your life isn't flowing absolutely effortlessly and you are just waking up with gratitude and joy ANYTHING ELSE BUT THIS IS SHIT AND UNNACCAPTABLE

THE famous Tony Robbins line (very true in your case).
RAISE
YOUR
STANDARDS!

Don't fucking settle for feeling comfy, don't settle for feeling OK. BEING OK FUCKING BLOWS! LOOK AT EVERYTHING! LIFE IS FUCKING MAGIC! YOU GET THAT? YOUR EXISTENCE IS A FUCKING MIRACLE, THE FACT TAHT YOU CAN BREATH AND CRY AND LAUGH AND DIE? WHAT THE FUCK THERE IS NO FUCKING REASON WHY IT SHOULD BE LIKE THAT. IT IS SUUUCH A FUCKING MIRACLE.

It would be so much easier for the universe not to exist. BUT it does. How do you explain that? You can't. It's a beautiful beautiful life and world. And feeling anything LESS than that, is FUCKING PATHETIC!
peace! :D

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@Martin123 Damn. Thanks. Problem is like you say I have never tasted what you speak of. It have felt the same way for so long that I have no other states I can recall to use as motivation. It's just imagination for me, thoughts. This state feels so normal. It's like I've accepted that this is just how life is going to be for me. In theory I realize there is huge changes that can take place in me if I work hard. But on some level I maybe don't believe it after all.
I can try to imagine how it will be. But it's just thoughts. Inspiring text you wrote there. Thank you again. I'm going to look into the raise your standards part especially.

@sgn You gotta take it on faith my dude. Dont be a cynical realist, be a fucking dreamer child. Trust that life can be magic. Imagine how the wonder would feel. How a "complete" human will feel. Visualize, every day. Means will present themselves to you

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

55 minutes ago, Martin123 said:

@sgn You gotta take it on faith my dude. Dont be a cynical realist, be a fucking dreamer child. Trust that life can be magic. Imagine how the wonder would feel. How a "complete" human will feel. Visualize, every day. Means will present themselves to you

Balance @sgn

Real eyes, realize, real lies.