Gabith

All memories gone forever in a split second

6 posts in this topic

Last night I had an interesting thought that I hadn't had before. And I laughed at the fact that it had never crossed my mind before!
It was depressing but then liberating for me.

I realized that there is an exact time for birth and for death. And that after I die in a split second, my whole life would be forgotten in its entirety.
It was as if it had never existed.

And I thought "wow, it's amazing how seriously we take our life, we worry, we are afraid etc... when on the scale of eternity it is NOTHING and everything will be forgotten". 

And there is this bittersweet side where I see that all my childhood memories, girlfriends, best moments, music tastes, movies, ideas... all of that will be totally forgotten forever as if it never existed.

On one hand it makes me sad and nothing matters. And on the other hand I think it's a gift from God to be able to forget everything and move on to other experiences.
Death is a gift. It would be horrible to be attached to an identity for centuries or worse, eternity!

It makes me laugh because I worry, I get attached,... while my life is nothing, it is like an illusion that will be over very quickly without any trace. 
With this in mind, I need to enjoy life more and stop wasting my time judging myself, worrying and being so afraid to do certain things.

I know that your realizations are much deeper than this one but I wanted to share it and get your feedback, even if it doesn't matter, it seems to matter to me in my low state of consciousness 

True but you will never truly die, if you create something for people to remember you by.

If you have a near death exp it will give you a look into the abyss.

@EternalForest I don't talk about people POV of what I could let for the world.

I mean my life POV not POV of others. 

My life from my POV will be forgotten forever (all my memories, feelings about things, tastes) but yeah if I become famous for any reason some people will have an image of me. But an idea of me is not living through my life, knowing my tastes perfectly etc... 
So it doesn't matter to me if I do something for people to remember me. 

And considering the infinity of Reality, there's an infinite numbers of others worlds, "aliens" etc... so the history on here on Earth is nothing 

It's why it's very liberating to me

9 minutes ago, Gabith said:

@EternalForest I don't talk about people POV of what I could let for the world.

I mean my life POV not POV of others. 

My life from my POV will be forgotten forever (all my memories, feelings about things, tastes) but yeah if I become famous for any reason some people will have an image of me. But an idea of me is not living through my life, knowing my tastes perfectly etc... 
So it doesn't matter to me if I do something for people to remember me. 

And considering the infinity of Reality, there's an infinite numbers of others worlds, "aliens" etc... so the history on here on Earth is nothing 

It's why it's very liberating to me

It won't be forgotten, it will be integrated. Also consciousness holds everything, so your memories won't go anywhere. You will cease being the human avatar obviously but those memories will just be added to Infinite Consciousness. But yeah we take our "lives" seriously but why wouldn't we lol?

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Nothing lasts but nothing is lost.

Just as you are imagining your memories right now, You as the absolute will be able to imagine them once again whenever Absolute would like to.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.