Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tyler Robinson

Narcissists and dreamers both fail at life

14 posts in this topic

Dreamers always think in fantastical ways and this causes them to live in LaLa land, detached from reality. As a result they ignore reality and end up failing in life. 

Narcissists on the other hand are overly confident which borders on delusion. 

One is trying to escape reality and the other is trying to control reality. 

Both fail. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

Lol true. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

15 hours ago, Kross said:

Gotta strike a balance.

Yup

♡✸♡.

@Tyler Robinson  Both fail? How do you over generalize two large groups of people hehe.

1. All results makers were dreamers at some point

2. Many Narcissists often do get what they want. They don't have the limiting beliefs that stop most people from taking action. 

I mean cool post and all but I don't see the point.

3 minutes ago, UpperMaster said:

@Tyler Robinson  Both fail? How do you over generalize two large groups of people hehe.

1. All results makers were dreamers at some point

2. Many Narcissists often do get what they want. They don't have the limiting beliefs that stop most people from taking action. 

I mean cool post and all but I don't see the point.

It's true and I agree with you for the most part, that narcissists often get what they want but you're not looking at it at a snapshot rather you're narrowly focused on what narcissists win in the short. Hate may win some battles but love wins in the end. Narcissistic behavior ends up reaping short term gains but longer term narcissists often have to deal with the bitter end of reality and they reach a slump on the road and stop progressing beyond a certain milestone and reach a plateau phase in life and also we see the trapezoid curve of growth in their lives where in the beginning they show tremendous success and hope and later begin to devolve very badly, an example could be of Trump, they become too self assured too self confident to the point of arrogance and this is where their downfall begins. It's because they are very busy trying to control reality instead of realizing that reality controls them. 

♡✸♡.

10 minutes ago, UpperMaster said:

All results makers were dreamers at some point

If I'm correctly understanding what you mean by dreamers here, you're probably referring to people who aim high and have a vision and that vision is still a dream? 

I think It would be advisable to form separate categories of dreamers here. Two categories. One is the above. They tend to have a specific vision for the future. 

The second category of dreamers are those that are simply very detached from reality, engage in toxic maladaptive daydreaming, they try to avoid reality, like playing video games every day, living in a virtual world, ignoring harsh realities around them, always trying to run away from problems instead of fixing it, till those problems become big. 

I think while writing the original post, I had the second category in mind. 

♡✸♡.

2 hours ago, Tyler Robinson said:

It's true and I agree with you for the most part, that narcissists often get what they want but you're not looking at it at a snapshot rather you're narrowly focused on what narcissists win in the short.

Yes, I'm unsure on whether narcissists live a fulfilling life at all.

3 hours ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Hate may win some battles but love wins in the end. Narcissistic behavior ends up reaping short term gains but longer term narcissists often have to deal with the bitter end of reality and they reach a slump on the road and stop progressing beyond a certain milestone and reach a plateau phase in life

Here's where I would disagree with you. For the vast majority of individuals, "winning" refers to professional accomplishment. I assume that the main objective for the majority of individuals is to advance in the social hierarchy and achieve monetary success.

The reason I am saying this is because I want to highlight that the goal of a regular person and the goal of a narcissist don't deffer that much at all. What makes a narcissist a narcissist is his inability to empathize with other people and not a difference in objectives (of like 90 percent of population, yes there are exceptions). 

Therefore, I would say that narcissists are probably going to be more successful than the majority of the population (in achieving their goal). I don't think that their mental condition would slow them down. They have an advantage when it comes to monetary gain, and stage orange success.

Are they limited to stage orange? Yes you can argue that but most people are stuck in stage orange, so yea he/she will probably be more successful than most people.

too self assured too self confident to the point of arrogance and this is where their downfall begins.

Trump yes maybe. And yes, although too much self confidence may seem like a problem in the long term, intelligent narcissists end up being so much more successful than the regular chap that his self confidence is more of a perk than something negative.  Like you can say oh too much self confidence led to Stalin's downfall that's why you must stay humble but cmon, he did end up becoming so powerful he could do anything to anyone, and there wasn't anyone who rivaled his power except like Hitler who was another narcissistic psycho.

I think while writing the original post, I had the second category in mind. 

okkkkiiii

Ay anyway let me know what you think

6 hours ago, UpperMaster said:

Trump yes maybe. And yes, although too much self confidence may seem like a problem in the long term, intelligent narcissists end up being so much more successful than the regular chap that his self confidence is more of a perk than something negative.  Like you can say oh too much self confidence led to Stalin's downfall that's why you must stay humble but cmon, he did end up becoming so powerful he could do anything to anyone, and there wasn't anyone who rivaled his power except like Hitler who was another narcissistic psycho.

Is that a good example? 

Is that something that you aspire to be? 

No human being should be so powerful that they can do anything to anyone. 

Neither such human being be considered successful or an object of inspiration. No. They suck. There's not much to it. 

♡✸♡.

On 11/10/2022 at 2:55 AM, Tyler Robinson said:

Is that a good example? 

Black and white enough to explain my point properly.

Is that something that you aspire to be? 

No.

No human being should be so powerful that they can do anything to anyone. 

That's besides the point.

Neither such human being be considered successful or an object of inspiration. No. They suck. There's not much to it. 

Never said anything about inspiration. I'm trying to explain to you that what 9/10 people deem as successful is material success and yes Stalin was incredibly successful. 

Edited by UpperMaster

5 minutes ago, UpperMaster said:

I'm trying to explain to you that what 9/10 people deem as successful is material success and yes Stalin was incredibly successful. 

If you consider it success. 

Success to me is someone who is wholesome and leading a spiritually fulfilling life. 

♡✸♡.

1 hour ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Success to me is someone who is wholesome and leading a spiritually fulfilling life. 

Good for you. I think you set your standard high, so great!

I feel like you understand where I'm coming from so I wont go around in circles.

Narcissists don't enjoy relationships as regular people do so they just see people as assets/burdens and act accordingly. That's why it is easier for them to become materialistically successful. Spiritually developing might be a bit harder.

That's it, enjoy your day.

@UpperMaster you seem like a good person to me. 

Keep my compliment. I rarely compliment people. Good day

♡✸♡.

@lxlichael true

♡✸♡.