Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Danioover9000

Criticisms of hip hop culture.

7 posts in this topic

I'll be listing vids about critics of hip hop culture and how it's many forms of entertainment slowly rots our brains into a tame like docile state of mind

Although, to me, it seems this is mainly coming from the subculture that is gang culture music and whacky, corny sounding rap music or dirty rap music, stage orange hip hop industry, as the hip hop culture, worldwide, is musical art, it's good to see from different perspectives on why hip hop, modern versions of it mainly, are corrupting the youth, specifically their cognitive development if they consume too much hip hop:

Ben Shapiro and his view about rap music. His view to me is mostly a stage blue to stage orange value. Because of his moral absolutism on some points, and his cognitive bias being more left brain than right, his personality type, life experiences, state of consciousness and other lines of development are such that it fits good enough as a representative critique of what stage blue/orange individuals and collectives think about rap music as a field.

I don't mind the culture. I don't think it's that bad. What I hate is the dress style. Streetwear style is the exact opposite of how I like to dress but it's crazy popular where I live. To the point where I actually almost feel almost like an outsider at certain events if I don't dress in that style.

@KH2

2 hours ago, KH2 said:

It's not rap's fault that black people commit black-on-black crimes, and black people murder black people much more than white people murder black people. It's not rap that rotted their brain. This is entirely the fault of the culture of black community. They should take responsibility for that, instead of "stop listening to trap music" if you're mentally well adjusted person, you're not gonna want to become a thug/thot just by listening to some lyrics. You already have to be fucked enough in the head and/or brainwashed by the culture you've been living in, in the first place.

It's not a case where it's complete 100% the fault of rap music, or 100% the fault of hip hop culture, or entirely the black community. I think there's a lot of nuances and factors involved that mainly come from systems and other collectives that altogether contribute to a bigger problem, that rap music, gangster music/culture, and hip hop culture and hip hop industry are parts of the systemic issues.

It all depends on what value systems, beliefs, cognitive and moral development, psychology and personality types, states, life experiences and other lines of development, not just from the individual level, but also the collective level of nations, countries and other states, their historical/economical/political/religious and ideological narrative warfare that's occurring.

For example, you can claim that it's entirely the black community's fault that enabled gang culture and rap music to flourish the way it did, and allowed it to be sold, but, what about the ruling white communities and neighborhoods that are more privileged in the USA system? What about other immigrant communities that grow in an environment that's unkept and unclean, and managed much less than a suburban white neighborhood?   

OP are you white? 

You talk like a white person who really doesn't know rap as much as they think they do...

Edited by Axiomatic

Imo, American society does not adequately account for the unique presentation of needs that the African American demographic has in contemporary society. Also, the socioeconomic status that the demographic is essentially currently locked into.

Where society doesn't provide adequate means for people to meet their needs, various subcultures will develop so as to fulfil those needs. I'd say the subculture of hip hop is part of that. Hip hop may give a sense of being seen and understood to a lot of African American folks for example. 

If you try and restrict that subculture, it will simply be replaced by another subculture. And I'd bet division in society would continue to fracture.

Imo, unless you solve the root issue which is that American society is not structured to meet the needs of the African American demographic then subcultures will develop to fill the vacuum. 

However, the collective ego of America will resist this, as the powerful folks will not like their survival being threatened by societal restructuring. So, they will generally unconsciously devalue critiques of the social order, and present rationalisations of why the social order is to be preferred and present various rationalisations about the true causes of unrest in society.

Imo, one of those ways is to scapegoat black culture, i.e. hip hop.

Maybe there could be some useful benefits to changing some elements black culture. However, it would firstly have to be done strategically, i.e. provide an attractive enough alternative subculture. Secondly, it doesn't address the root cause whatsoever. So, the same sorts of situations will continue to perpetuate again and again and again just maybe in different forms.

Edited by Ulax

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback