Devin

Where has been your favorite place to live? And why?

8 posts in this topic

Where has been your favorite place to live? And why?

I've only lived in the u.s., Ohio, it's nice, quiet, you can fly anywhere quickly, low cost of living, you can find a decent job (my opinion, not shared by others(I'm a minimalist)), low crime, safe, people are respectful enough in general, pretty countrysides, some woodlands, national parks, pretty cities, people are nice, . No; hurricanes, droughts, wildfires, serious flooding. I like it, easy to find peace, or misery, nothing crazy exciting which is something I like about it, I'll travel for exciting.

Edited by Devin
Spelling

I’ve lived all over the US and each state has its unique pros and cons. My favorite state is Washington.

There’s lots of job opportunities, beautiful nature, mild weather and it’s the most progressive area of the country. 

Cons are winters are rough, lots of homeless people, high cost of living and lots of people. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

I like Eastern Wisconsin where I grew up though I'm sure there's other areas that are just as beautiful. I like areas that are scenic, semi forested, with a moderate population density that is not too high but not too low, and I like low crime clean areas where people maintain their properties and are considerate towards one another meaning they don't leave their dogs out to bark all day or start their motorcycles at 2:00 a.m.  I grew up in ozaukee county which is one of the more wealthy counties in the state and to me it's God's country.

I like being right next to lake Michigan or some large body of water that you can't see across. I like how there's a big bluff along the Lakeshore in the area where I grew up so there is privacy as you walk the lakeshore. I love the parks and natural scenery of Eastern Wisconsin which includes all the way up to Green Bay Appleton Oshkosh Manitowoc and fond du lac. It's a hikers Paradise, a cross country skiers paradise, a road bikers paradise, and a motorcyclists Paradise because all the roads in the state are paved and there's so many parks and forests to go and do all these activities.

There's also plenty of beauty to be found in the western part of the state including devil's lake State Park the driftless area up North it just has everything that appeals to me.  There's lots of small glacial lakes hidden away in various areas where you can just take a kayak out and drift around and meditate. 

There's always things going on during the summer autumn such as local concerts, fairs, summerfest, and often lots of major rock concerts as well. For me it just has everything that I would want.

I also like the political gridlock because I don't like either political party so not having neither of them is a large majority to me as a pro then you get the best aspects of both political parties.

Edited by sholomar

@sholomar ? sounds amazing to me as well. I missed the political gridlock on mine, we've been being more red as of late but traditionally purple, and I like a moderate state.

I haven't been up there but it is now on my list to visit, thank you! Too cold of winters for permanent residency for me though

Edited by Devin

I once travelled  to Albania somewhere called Dhermi. the coastal area with beautiful blue turquiose like shores and lanscape was breathtaking.

It seemed like an undiscovered germ.  It was certainly more beutiful than other areas with more hype i have visited

My favorite place is a place where i live most of my life.

Very rural area away even from the village, in Slovenia, near the border with Croatia.

Around my home is forrest. Lots of wild animals walking outside. Almost no people nearby. There is zero polution. The air is fresh,  grass is green and trees are wonderful. The river is also close if i want to swimm. Lots of woods and hills for hiking and contemplation.

In a big garden there is lots of fruit-trees and i plant potato and other vegetable.

And what is also very important: i can piss outside without being watched or arrested?.

If i'll ever live elswhere, i will live in a simmilar area.

Edited by Bojan V

I won't say where exactly. But I'd say where I am right now.

I'm perceiving that I'm in the best place with regards to my future than I think I've ever been. And, that translates into my current place being my favourite place to live!

I think its because when you have more of your personal needs met, you can appreciate things more.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback