Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adamq8

An opportunity for a higher position in the company i work for but there is 1 problem

5 posts in this topic

Hey, so I was just offered to learn and jump in as an extra for a higher position in the company i work for, I will go from the floor to the office, but the situation im in is that my girlfriend is gonna apply for a painter education at the same time i am supposed to begin the new position and then i've got to be home with our son before he goes off to begin at a daycare,  so the problem i have is that, ive worked hard for years and never ever said no to work, ive jumped in at night and worked double shifts and what not, so I now got the opportunity to advance, and my girl really wants to begin the education because she wants to secure her future, but this opportunity for me at my work, will increase my salary and opportunity to advance high in thr company..

So I have to talk to my girl about this and she will not be happy but I seriously worked hard for this opportunity and it has been my goal all along.

Do you have any advice or opinion on the matter?

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

can't you just hire a nanny or helper for that peroid?

Sure you'll lose some money now, but down the line it might pay off.

3 hours ago, illusory said:

can't you just hire a nanny or helper for that peroid?

Sure you'll lose some money now, but down the line it might pay off.

Yeah great advice, we were looking into it, I think that is the best bet actually, a good investment so to speak.

Thanks ?

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

just take the promotion, and then you'll figure out one of a thousand solutions...

I can offer partial advice.

I'd recommend you communicate about this in a way where you both make sure you both genuinely understand each other's reasons, and also that you both feel heard. I think that will help keep the relationship healthy whatever the decision.

Re the actual decision, I won't give advice.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback