Bodhi123

Why Your Life Is Not A Journey

11 posts in this topic

Happiness is the goal no matter where you are or how you live your life.

Some people pursue a career and wealth in order to achieve happiness. Other people pursue sex and relationships for happiness. Other people seek out adventure and new experiences for happiness. Others seek enlightenment for happiness.

There is nothing inherently wrong with having goals. Goals are needed to organize our lives and to give us a sense of purpose. The problems arise when we attach happiness to the attainment of goals.

This is a problem because it implies unless we achieve our goals we are doomed to be unhappy. Another problem occurs when we achieve our goals and we’re still unhappy. It is like we’re a dog chasing our tail… even if we catch the tail we're still left chasing...

The solution to this puzzle: Find happiness in the present moment no matter the circumstances

Pursue your dreams with passion and vigor just don't attach your happiness to their attainment.

Can I presume you base it on daily goals? or is there a long term 2 week may be 30 day challenge goal.. my goal as I wrote it is to begin my own path of finance and freedom in one year. 

@SLICKHAWK Can you please clarify your question: "Can I presume you base it on daily goals?"

In regard to your goal of attain financial freedom in one year, I think that is a great goal.

My point is don't be upset or disappointed if you haven't met this goal in one year. If you have worked towards your goal and made progress towards it's attainment then be happy with your effort.

Daily goals are important ..this get the next step or goal always in focus or next... so I journal my weakness of the day as my ego see it and my strength as my boner see it ..or ego... lol.. but achieve each goal otherwise ... and continue being now in this being I see ... build the pillars around you find the strength of the heart,truth, and our self actualization . anything is our being .

@SLICKHAWK I'm going to be honest, I kind of had a difficult time understanding your post but I'll do my best to respond appropriately.

There are long-term goals that we set for ourselves (i.e. buy house, start a retirement fund ,etc.) then there are sub-goals ( i.e. save a certain amount of money, begin investing, start a business) that lead to the achievement of our long-term goals.

We can work at achieving our sub-goals daily... and this is good because as you said each step leads to the next step.

However my main point is: enjoy the process of achieving your goals

Daily goals are important ..exactly.. you understand . and yes I seen difficult to understand.:)

@SLICKHAWK It's all good bro :)

Watch the video if you haven't already. Alan Watts explains things better than I can. 

Allan watts,is the .. hello . breathe this is yes now fine ok I feel lol

13 hours ago, SLICKHAWK said:

Allan watts,is the .. hello . breathe this is yes now fine ok I feel lol

lol

happiness is not my goal. I am happy every day, regularly. I suppose if I wanted to I could pursue increasing how strongly it is felt how often or how long it lasts - but that just doesn't seem like a "goal" that I'm interested in. it seems kind of neurotic to me, how everyone's always like "I wanna be happy" "I need to find happiness"

I don't even know what I want in life lol. I just know that I want to exist lol. if I didn't want that I'd be dead ;)