kuwaynej

Do We Have Free Will?

55 posts in this topic

If we have no free will we maybe should rethink the criminal justice system. People that are unfortunate to become who they are now can be seen as the real victims. Any normal human being will never chose to become like they are because it is emptiness, lack of love and connection that causes it. Jail is a place where people can think a lot about their life which is good when they are really lost, but making them outcasts only makes it worse. It's a weird thing to have empathy for someone who commits a crime, but if you look closer there is much emptiness and frustration.

What do you guys think? Could you ever forgive someone who offended the worst crime you could imagine? What if you where that person would you forgive yourself?

Edited by Principium Nexus

@Principium Nexus

Good question,

I personally believe that it depends on your level of development, at my current state even though i know logical that i can control how i interpret the actions done by others, its still really difficult to put it in practice.

So to answer your question. Not at my current level and in a sense its kinda frightening to imagine that I will not feel distress when my family and close friends die  if i continue to develop myself. But I believe if you do become actualize you will have control over your emotions (Which first you have to realize that you in fact can not control them.)

8 hours ago, Galyna said:

So what is now then?

That's the most beautiful thing there is. That's love. That's joy. That's compassion. That's garaunteed uniqueness. That's where the expansion is happening. That's all that there is. That is the everything. That is the nothing. That's my existence itself. That's the experience that I am. That is where all the probabilistic proof we have created to completely prove there is no such thing as free will meets all the random chaos theory we have created to completely prove there is free will. That is where the infinite meets the finite. That is where the unlimited meets the limited. That is where the superposition meets the collapsed. You are the creator, the observer and the experience itself. You are now. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

9 hours ago, Dodoster said:

Ok, say we are the chooser. Does the chooser have control over which choices to be aware of at any given time in order to choose one from them?

You can't choose something you aren't aware of. So where is your freedom, if you don't choose what you are aware of?

Furthermore, from the limited things the chooser is aware of, who gives the chooser the preferences for one thing over another and why? Who decides when the chooser chooses and what and why the chooser chooses? 

Do you know how the next thought in your mind pops up, cause I have no idea. I also have no Idea how the chooser chooses. 

Also, you observe the so called chooser entity too. It's not you.

Yes.

Become aware of more. This is your choice.

The beauty of being the chooser, is being the chooser. I have no idea why you choose one thing over another, you should though, since you are making your choices. You decide.

Yes.

Please define "you", "chooser entity", and "you" as referenced in your last sentence. 

@John Flores YES!

8 hours ago, Principium Nexus said:

If we have no free will we maybe should rethink the criminal justice system. People that are unfortunate to become who they are now can be seen as the real victims. Any normal human being will never chose to become like they are because it is emptiness, lack of love and connection that causes it. Jail is a place where people can think a lot about their life which is good when they are really lost, but making them outcasts only makes it worse. It's a weird thing to have empathy for someone who commits a crime, but if you look closer there is much emptiness and frustration.

What do you guys think? Could you ever forgive someone who offended the worst crime you could imagine? What if you where that person would you forgive yourself?

We have free will. You're typing this.

We should get rid of the criminal justice system. It is the natural answer to making things illegal, which we should also stop doing.

Victim thinking perpetuates victim thinking, without this, it would not be.

Anywhere is a place for thinking. Jail is specific by design. I personally don't think people in jail are outcasts. I think the person who put them there is an outcast.

Solidarity and or confinement are counterintuitive to the expanding nature of the universe, and therefore humans and all other living things.

Empathy is bad for you, inherently. Compassion is good for you, inherently. 

I did. I would.

@Nahm

that is what I meant :), here we go for you to watch

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

6 hours ago, kuwaynej said:

@Principium Nexus

Good question,

I personally believe that it depends on your level of development, at my current state even though i know logical that i can control how i interpret the actions done by others, its still really difficult to put it in practice.

So to answer your question. Not at my current level and in a sense its kinda frightening to imagine that I will not feel distress when my family and close friends die  if i continue to develop myself. But I believe if you do become actualize you will have control over your emotions (Which first you have to realize that you in fact can not control them.)

Move beyond owning actions done by others. Live from the inside out, let go of influencing those around you, and you will begin to influence those around you. Like magic. 

Frightening. Listen to your emotions. 

Control your focus to control your thoughts to control your emotions to control your circumstances, repeat.

@Nahm

I don"t want to make any assumption. Are you trying to say we have complete control over our entire awareness; every single second of the day ?

Yes and no, depending on your opinion, and dependant upon if someone else is focusing through you, or if you are the sole focuser of your focus.

Focus your focus and hocus pocus your focus is focused.

Roooo-ads?

@Nahm past, present and future all equally real :) 

@Galyna

16 minutes ago, Galyna said:

@Nahm past, present and future all equally real :) 

that was an amazing video thanks for sharing learnt a lot , but it seems to that your holding it as a belief? 

when I change my belief about something life changing I really find it exciting, Remember that every belief no matter how exciting and true you may believe it is; at the end of the day it just another thought floating around in you head.

@kuwaynej Perhaps, nobody really knows what time is, I just have a feeling that we should seek in this direction: present moment and everything belongs to it :)

Time is a set. if you set your alarm to a time then time is. only passing time or used as a balance to reflect on the old and new.. created by the egoic mind to keep track of...lol exactly what can time keep track if there is no dioulogue... time is only the future so If I die now. time keeps on time. 

Absolutely agree, time is a mental construction, very subjective one and does not exist as such :)