Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Razard86

For Some The Journey, The Pursuit Itself is Sufficient

7 posts in this topic

There are some you may meet on this journey of yours of coming and going where they love the chase. The chase, the pursuit, the aspirant journey, the motivated endeavor, is its sole reward. Many of them may initially delude themselves that its the prize they most want, but sadly when they acquire the apple of their eye they are surprised at the disappointment that floods their being. 

If you wake up with energy and a daily renewed desire to check up on your progress towards your goal, and the lack of discernable progress or meaningful change in your relational distance does not disturb you or a back slide or increase in distance actually motivates you more then you may be one of these breathing peculiarities walking around whose greatest joy is the chase itself.

Nothing wrong with this disposition, but its interesting to behold as an onlooker, at the person whose pursuit ends in the prize brings the same feelings as the one who did not receive the prize. The winner ends up being indistinguishable from the loser, truly they have become one. Maybe this is a constant reminder of the innocence of the child being revealed. The true essence of play isn't in the rewarding of a victor, but the enjoyment of the game itself.

As the board game is done, all the pieces are returned, like a play all the props are put back into their place and the costumes come off. What was the purpose of the whole ordeal? To tell a story, to have an experience, to have some fun, all not for some prize, the whole thing was the prize itself. The rich man and the poor man, the old and the young, the wise and the foolish, all originated from the same source, and return from whence they came. 

What is attainment, when all shall return. 

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

I always love your posts man. This reminds me of a book I recently read, infinite vs finite games. Consciously choosing to play the game for the play itself. With a serious but playful attitude as you play you create finite games which are useful only for the purpose that the infinite game continues. 

3 hours ago, BartekD said:

I always love your posts man. This reminds me of a book I recently read, infinite vs finite games. Consciously choosing to play the game for the play itself. With a serious but playful attitude as you play you create finite games which are useful only for the purpose that the infinite game continues. 

Thanks man, I'm constantly inspired by the wonderful people on this forum. You won't believe how much growth you can get from this group this place is truly a nice place to have. I want to write another story but so far no inspiration....

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

For real, man. I've been going to the gym 3 to 4, sometimes 5 times a week and now all I care about is just going to the gym and exercising. I don't even care what I do anymore I just like going.

On 9/2/2022 at 5:07 PM, Emrie said:

For real, man. I've been going to the gym 3 to 4, sometimes 5 times a week and now all I care about is just going to the gym and exercising. I don't even care what I do anymore I just like going.

That's true love, no conditions, you do it for the sake of itself. The gym now knows how much you care for it!!

Great! I love this thread!

I also did a video on something similar to this after reading your thread. 

The fun is in the process. :D

Edited by hyruga