Akash M

Is this possible on psychedelics?

4 posts in this topic

Can you transcend the dream on psychedelics?

I'm not talking about becoming conscious that you are dreaming. Instead, I'm asking if it's possible to go beyond the dream altogether. What do I mean by this?

Video game analogy:

1. I start as a character in Minecraft. I take a psychedelic.
  2. I become conscious that I'm the creator of Minecraft (go one level meta). I realize that I'm actually a game developer (and not a game character).
  3. I create another game, let's say GTA.
  4. I choose to enter the new game GTA as a character with the memory of 1, 2 & 3.

Coming back to the actual question, how far (in terms of the above analogy steps) can psychedelics take you? Even if it took you all the way to 4, if you come back to 1 after the trip wears off, I wouldn't really count it as transcendence; it's more like a dream within a dream (like the movie Inception).

A simpler way to ask this is: Can you become super-conscious on a psychedelic and choose not to come down?

Well, there are people who say that they experienced things like that, but they did not choose the reality they tune to consciously. 

No that's against the rules you were very careful when designing this game to avoid such cheat codes. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

I don't think this will happen, because God knows it did not "die", so self set rules for ending the dream are not met, and it is questionable whether you would have absolutely no more attachments left to this realm at all, because even the tiniest desire to be here would pull you back in.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)